Thursday, November 3, 2016

Hay There

Frantic Stamper is releasing a new line of stamps & dies this month with the focus on Barnyard.  I've never lived on a farm but my grandparents did and I found that this release really connected to me and my special memories out there on that farm.  In the last few years, my grandparents moved to a retirement home and my grandma has since gone to be with the Lord in heaven.  In my heart, their farm will always hold a special place in my heart.

This is a card I made for my grandpa originally, although I've since made another one instead that features a white barn like he had.  Honestly I think his tractor was red and not green too. :)

Jen Carter Grandpas Farm 1

This new release includes 2 sizes of barns.  For this card I used the smallest of the barns named appropriately Little Barn.  

Jen Carter Grandpas Farm Barn Closeup

 I love how the barn doors and windows are "hinged" so that they score on one side and open.  I paper pieced each of the little details and added a patterned flag at the top because my Grandpa's had a flag that he had made above his loft windows.   I also used the Barnyard Fence die on this card and a hay bale from the Barn A2 Card Maker die set.   That cute sentiment is from a new clear stamp set called Hogs & Kisses.


Jen Carter Grandpas Farm Tractor Closeup

Paper piecing this tractor together was fun too.  I used the new Tractor die and you can make it whatever color you'd like easily.  In the background you can see the grassy hills I created with the new Stitched Grassy Hill Edgers.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today!  Be sure to check out all of the Barnyard release by clicking here.

1 comment:

Naki said...

Ohmygosh! SO.CUTE.!!! Awesome die cuts, fabulous, fun design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...