Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Believe.

My mom's word of the year (every year) is "believe".  It means something special to her (and to me). I'll share a little more about that later.  But every time I get something that says "believe" in my papercrafting supplies I get excited.  And the new Brush Script Word Dies from Lil' Inker Design really got their work out when I started playing with them because one of the words in that set is believe.

Jen Carter Believe Brush Script Shaker 3

For this card I first stamped my gray background with snowflakes from the Rustic Christmas Stamps (which I think I've mentioned a few times that I really, really like this set!) and then embossed them with white embossing powder.  I cut out a little window from the bottom of the panel and then used the Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Rectangle dies to make a frame.

Jen Carter Believe Brush Script Shaker Closeup

I put lots of colorful glitter in the box for my shaker and I really like how some of it sticks to the acetate window!  And of course there is that beautiful Believe from the Brush Script Word Dies!  Ahhhhh!  Love that font!  I also added a darling little bow die cut from the paper that my card is matted on using the Mini Bow Die.

Now for the reason why the word believe is so special.  Some of you may have guessed that it is special because of the magic of Christmas.  Well, yes and no.  The magic is not from Santa and the fun times that he brings to Christmas but the "magic" is really from what started at the manger and what was finished on the cross.  What started at the manger?  The birth of our Savior, Jesus.  The reason that the word believe is so special to my mom, and to my family, is that it represents the work that was completed on the cross: the gift of salvation to everyone who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.   That's it.  Salvation = believing.  And that is why that word means so much to our family. 

I'll leave you with one of the most well known verses in the Bible.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but will have eternal life."  John 3:16

Happy Christmas season to you and your family!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love your mom's word Jen and this is simply gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...