Sunday, October 30, 2016

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #382

Welcome to the next Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #382!  This week the challenge is to use the provided color scheme (shown below) on your card or project and it just happens to be a Halloween color inspired challenge.  Our sponsor this week and the prize is from 7 Kids College Fund.  All of the details, including prize information, can be found on the Cupcakes Inspiration blog.  I hope you'll play along!

CIC382 Jen Carter

As soon as I saw the inspiration photo for this color challenge I knew right away what I wanted to create!  I pulled out many dies from my stash to create this fun card!  I started by creating his eyes using Dual Stitched Mats: Circles. I love the stitching around the circles to provide more detail. I also used 1/2 of a circle from the same die to create his nose and then I cut it in half.  The black part of his eyes were made using the smallest Fringe Scallop Circle die.  I "fluffed up" the scallops to add some more detail.  The inside of the eye was made from a piece of the Baubled Christmas Tree Die!  It was the perfect size for the inside!  The sentiments are from Boo & Faces Stamps and Clean Lines: For the Guys.

CIC382 Jen Carter Closeup

For the hair & mouth I used the same die set, Border Builders.  I cut the mouth twice to get the dual stitching.

Here's this week's inspiration photo with the challenge colors.


I hope you'll join us this week for the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #382!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Birgit said...

this is so clever and cute as can be! Pure genius in the way you used your dies to create this cute little monster. Great job on this challenge!!

EK Gorman said...

I love this card. You win hands down the cutest cupcake designer card this week. (I know there really isn't an award for this, but in my mind you won hands down.) Such an amazing take on this week's color challenge.

Naki said...

Oh my Jen, could this be any cuter!!? Very fun, very clever design! I just LOVE this! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...