Sunday, November 6, 2016

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #383

Welcome to the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #383!  This week the challenge is to use a tree on your card.  All of the details, including prize information, can be found on the Cupcakes Inspiration blog.  I hope you'll be able to play along!  This week our sponsor is Paper Sweeties.

For my card I stuck with the theme of trees but went in a different direction from the inspiration photo. I've been creating Christmas and winter cards so I went that direction with this challenge and I'm very happy with how it turned out! 

CIC383 Jen Carter Winter Birch Deer Tag

I started by creating my tag.  I die cut it with polka dotted vellum.  Then, I die cut glittery hills with some fun Stitched Edger dies from Frantic Stamper.  I die cut some deer with a couple of different die sets, Herd of Deer and Buck & Doe.  Lastly for the tag I layered the Winter die cut word on top of all of the tag layers and tied the tag with red silk ribbon.  

CIC383 Jen Carter Winter Birch Deer Tag Front

For the trees, I die cut the Birch Tree Forest (LOVE THEM!!) and then spritzed one of them with the Heidi Swapp Minc Reactive Mist and ran them through my Minc with gold foil.  I really love how that turned out! After adhering them to my card front, I added the little cardinal also included in that stamp set.  


The theme this week is "Trees".  You can choose to use the cupcake graphic for inspiration if you'd like but you don't have to, as long as your card or project fits the theme.

I hope you'll join us this week for the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #383!  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kajcyika said...

This is soooo amazing! I love the whole scene! Just stunning :)
Thank you for inviting me to be this weeks surprise sweetie :)

Birgit said...

Wow~ This is totally gorgeous! Your design and all those wonderful layers are just fabulous!!

Marcie Sharp said...

I LOVE this card! The gold foiling on the tree is so fun.

Indy's Designs said...

Oh wow! I love this wintery scene! The pop of red and gold...beautiful! Perfect card for this week's trees challenge!
{hugs}
Debbie

Naki said...

One thing to say... "breathtaking"!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow wow! This is gorgeous... love the birch trees...the gold... the deer.. so beautiful!

lifesabeach32940 said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now, and I am AMAZED at just how creative you are!! This card is GORGEOUS!!

I was wondering ... how do you adhere the "skinny" words to your cards without the glue seeping through. For example, "Winter" in this card. I shy away from purchasing those dies, because I don't know how to adhere them; but, after seeing this beauty, I'd love to give it them a try.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!! Again, I LOVE your work!!

EK Gorman said...

This card is just stunning. The gold makes such an impact with this card. It is just stunning. Amazing work this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...