Monday, February 9, 2015

Spring anyone?


I have a fun card to share today!  Frantic Stamper has come out with some great new dies that you can use to make pop-up cards with and as soon as I got them I went to work making a card!  It looks a little simple on the outside, but wait until you see what happens when I open it up!  Since I am SO ready for Spring, I went a little pastel & floral with this one!

Jen Carter Thanks Lilac Pop Up Frantic Stamper

First things first...the outside.  I love this new die also from Frantic Stamper called Thanks Card Band.  When I first saw this die a few months ago I knew I really wanted it in my collection!  It makes such a quick & easy card front and will get a lot of use!

Jen Carter Thanks Lilac Pop Up Frantic Stamper Closeup

The die cuts directly into your card front.  I added some pink cardstock stripes for visual interest. 

Now, when you open the card up, this is what you find: 

Jen Carter Thanks Lilac Pop Up Frantic Stamper Inside

A cute little mason jar with white lilacs popping out! 

 I'm going to make a video soon to show exactly how these dies work and how I put a similar card together, but I think you'll want to add these dies to your collection!  

Pop Up Bases
This is what the die set looks like.  You can see that there are a lot of options for using them.  The rectangle ones are what I've used for this pop up card. 

Jen Carter Thanks Lilac Pop Up Frantic Stamper SIDE2

Here's what the card looks like from the side.  I used the largest rectangle die for this card.  The die basically cuts away part of the cardstock so that you can attach whatever you'd like on it to pop out. It also scores lines for your fold and for the folds in the cardstock for your popped out pieces.  For my card I attached the mason jar with lilacs.

Jen Carter Thanks Lilac Pop Up Frantic Stamper Inside Closeup

In the video that I'll be sharing soon, I'll show you how to recreate this mason jar and how to attach the flowers.  In this jar I've placed 2 colors of white lilacs from the new Mix N Match Lilacs die set along with the lilac leaves.  I really love the details that the dies give!  And, I like that there are "extra" flowers to place on the lilacs to give them lots of dimension!  You can also see the Mix N Match Floral Stems through the center heart of the jar.  These stems are so cool in that you purchase them separately and then can mix and match lots of different flowers to them!  I bet they'd even work with some flower dies you already own!

The jar in my card was inspired by a picture I found on Pinterest.
Source

Milk Bottle & Mason Jar

Mix N Match: Lilacs

Mix N Match: Floral Stems

Thanks Card Band

Country Heart Set

Petite Butterflies

Thank you so much for visiting!  I hope you enjoyed this Spring card!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

So cool. Love the pop up on the card!

Kathy Berger said...

Very cool, card Jen! I love what you did with the mason jar!

Did you know you can pull up some of the petals on the lilacs, too, to add some more dimension to the lilacs?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...