Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Greetings!

Hey everyone!  How are you doing?  I hope you are having a great day so far!  I'm glad you are taking the time to visit today! 

Jen Carter Skyline Home Greetings Frantic Stamper 1.1

I had a lot of fun putting this card together! It almost has a comic book feel to it. I started with choosing my papers and color schemes.  I knew I wanted to create a fun scene and I was trying to get the contrast between the top card panel & the bottom card panel so that it showed the houses were in two different places, apart.  Kind of like a "missing you" card.  

To create my panel I used the cool new die by Frantic Stamper called Diagonal Card Sketcher.  The top turquoise panel was popped up with dimensionals.  I laid the sunrise pattern paper in the top panel and the "nighttime" patterned paper in the bottom panel.  The long row of houses, Downtown Row Houses, was also popped up with dimensionals.


I wanted the windows to be behind the die cut row of houses so that everything wouldn't be flush & would give the houses some dimension.  The easiest way to do this was to impress the die into my cardstock like I would if I were using an embossing folder (shown in the example above). This also gave the windows kind of a puffy look which I really liked. (On my Big Shot my sandwich was multipurpose platform with no tabs, cutting plate, embossing mat, cardstock, die facing down, cutting plate & 2 pieces of cardstock for a shim.)  Once it was impressed, I cut inside of the outline of the houses so that when I lined the windows up, none of the light gray cardstock would show except in the windows, as shown above.  Then, I adhered the two pieces together.

Jen Carter Skyline Home Greetings Frantic Stamper Closeup 1.2

The single house is from another set of dies called The Suburb Houses which are great to use alone or with the Downtown Row Houses die.  For this house, I just cut out a piece of light gray cardstock and adhered it behind the house.  You can see how the windows aren't "puffy" like in the row of houses.  The "greetings" sentiment and the three hearts are all dies included in the the Diagonal Card Sketcher die!  There are several fun pieces that are part of this die set!  You need to check it out! :)




I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the inspiration is to use something with the letter "H".  My "H" is for house. 



I hope you enjoyed this card!  I certainly enjoyed making it! Have a wonderful day!

Supplies not listed above:
Cardstock: PTI Soft Stone, Simon Says Stamp Smoke Gray, SU! Coastal & Strawberry Slush, DCWV Glitter
Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants True Friend; Avery Elle The Everyday Collection

5 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cool card, Jen! I love the contrast of day and night!

Lynn said...

Absolutely love this Jen! Awesome card!

Laura Williams said...

Ooooh I love this, jen! It's really cool!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, fabulous card ! Love your layout and use of die cuts.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card! The die cut cityscape looks fantastic! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Please feel free to check out my sample: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2015/02/our-happy-home.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...