Thursday, February 5, 2015

. . . Donuts & Hot Coffee!


Jen Carter LID We Get Together Teal 31 WM wm

I think that this Perfect Pairs stamp set is so adorable!  I love that the images are small and easy to color.  If you follow me, you know that coloring isn't my "thing".  It's just not a strong area for me.  But, these images are the perfect size for a non-colorer like myself and I found myself ENJOYING coloring them!  Wow!! Didn't think I'd say that!  I stamped many of the images from the set onto the background of my cardstock and then inked the edges (this, by the way, looks so much better in real life, but I had a hard time capturing it on the camera without it looking splotchy and dark in areas).

Jen Carter LID We Get Together Teal 31 Closeup

I stamped the images onto a piece of cardstock that I diecut using the cool Stitched Mats: Side Stitched Rectangles.  I used my copics to color the images and then highlighted certain areas with my souffle gel pens (like the cheeks and the sprinkles).  The sentiment is stamped from the Perfect Pairs stamp set as well.

I'm entering this card over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  The challenge this week was to be inspired by the letter "h".  My "h" is for "holding hands" (or it could be "hot" coffee too since I tend to love a little Starbucks here and there).

Thank you so much for visiting me today! I hope your day is fantastic!

Products used on today's post:


4 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Jen, this is so great! Your coloring of the donut is especially perfect!!!

Kara said...

adorable!

~amy~ said...

I love this...that set is on y wish list!

Anonymous said...

Such a great take on the "H" challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...