Friday, January 4, 2008

Valentine's Scalloped!


It's hard to believe but Valentine's Day is right around the corner!

I worked on some projects for Valentine's Day yesterday and I incorporated scallops into each project...you'll be seeing LOTS of scallops from me...they are so addicting and I LOVE them!!

The clip at the top is one of my favorite projects! I found these packs of 2 magnetic clips at the Target $1 spot and I think that we might just make these at my Open House for the new catalogue!! (So, if you plan to come to that--details coming soon--you may have one to take home with you!!)

This is a close-up of the side of the clip. I used a tag from the Cha Cha papers, punched three holes in it and attached ribbons. This is an easy way to attach embellishments and add a little something extra. I used the square scallop punch to punch the purple square and also used the new scallop scissors to make the bottom of the clip have a scalloped bottom.

This next card uses the TAC Catelynne paper, which is one of my favorite paper lines from TAC. It just has such soft and feminine colors in it! The design from the card came from http://www.pagemaps.com/, so if you are ever looking for a layout for a card, be sure to check there for ideas!

The stamp set I used is "Love Doodles"--a GREAT set!! I used the Giga scalloped circle punch to punch the half circle out of the patterned paper and the Mega Scalloped Circle punch to punch the light green circle. I stamped 3 hearts with Pixie Dust VersaMagic ink onto the ivory circle piece and then stamped another one on a scrap piece of pink dotted Catelynne paper in Belle Rose Palette ink, cut it out and then attached it with dimensional pop dots. Then, I added lots of sparkling stickles all over the heart!! The "love" at the bottom is stamped with VersaMark ink to create the watermark effect.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This last card was scanned in so it's a little blurry due to the dimension of the brads and I hope to get a better picture of it later but every picture I took came out orange instead of red, so this will do for now I guess.

For this card I used the "Oh How" stamp set that is in the new TAC catalogue. I love this set and there are several other similar sets like it also in the newest catalogue. Again I used the square scalloped punch for a mat and then embossed the flower image with a mixture of white & sparkle embossing powders. The strip of patterned paper on the side of the card is from the "Amelia" paper pack (I used this so that you could see how versatile the papers can be with a little imagination!!) For the black scalloped strip I used the scalloped scissors from the catalogue and cut the border and then used a small hole punch to punch holes at each scallop. It creates kind of a lacy look.

That gives you some ideas to start you thinking about Valentine's day!! It's only a month and a half away! Wow!!

Details will be coming soon for my next Catalogue Celebration Party/Open House!! I am working on projects (like the one I mentioned above) for this event and will let you know what date to save soon!! I'm looking forward to it and I hope that you are too!!

4 comments:

Alley said...

Great mixture of cards...you've been busy!

Anonymous said...

Great set of cards! They are all so creative! I really like the clip too... I'll have to look for some of these.

Angie said...

I got some of those clips at Target! They are fantastic and I will have to case yours for inspiration!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Busy indeed! Look at all your cool cards and magnet clip. Where's a Target when I need one?!

;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...