Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oh Baby!

I have so many friends who are expecting babies. And, in case you didn't know already, I am expecting as well (it's suppose to be a girl and she's due March 11th)!

So, one of the first sets that I saw in the newest TAC Catalogue that I knew I must have is called "Our Baby". It is a set of 15 which includes the numbers from 0 - 9. It is PERFECT for baby books or scrapbook pages, for birth announcements and for charting what and when your baby is doing certain things.


It makes journaling so easy!!

These pictures show a sample of how you could incorporate this stamp set into a birth announcement. The picture at the top of this post is the front of the card. It is actually a matchbook style card! The stamp set that is in the center is from the "Sentimental Boxes" stamp set and the flourishes in the background were stamped with VersaMark and are from the Level A Hostess Set called "Swoops & Swirls".

The picture below shows how I used the "Baby's Birth" stamp from this set. You can't really see in the photo, but I used my hot pink stardust pen on the swirls on the right side of the white piece to add a little bling (glitter) to the card.


The photo on the inside of the card below is one of my son who is 5 now (and when he gets older he probably won't like that I used his picture on a sample of a girl baby announcement but it's all I had at the time)! This shows what the announcement looks like when it is completely open.


This is a fun way to make a baby announcement and could be done in any color scheme. It could also be made into a graduation announcement, wedding invitation, birthday party invitation, etc...The possibilities are limitless!

By the way, Nikki from Virginia came up with the template for this matchbook. I want to thank her for sharing her creativity!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Congrats again on your little one on the way. I am so excited for you and your family.

:-)

What a great stamping project!

kssdesigns said...

CONGRATS! I had no idea. So happy for you and your family. Babies are such a blessing. I hope you enjoy every minute.

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you Jen! Very cute announcement :)

Bella Rose Creations said...

That is so wonderful! Congratulations...a girl is so much fun!! Beautiful journal. But I really must laugh...I know 5 people now that are due mid-March. Was there some sort of nationwide power outage ;-) LOL...best of luck. Is this your first? If so welcome to the journey.

Amy Kolling said...

I don't think I've told you but Congrats!! It is such a blessing to have one of each....boy and girl. Enjoy her!! Thank you for this idea....my boss has asked me again to make some bridal shower invites and I think I will use this idea!! THANKS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...