Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Bunny Barrettes

Hello everyone!  I wanted to share some projects I made using Spring/Easter dies from Frantic Stamper and some felt.  For today's felt projects I'm going to share three different barrettes I made for my daughter and I'll show you pictures of her modeling them too!



This picture shows all three barrettes that I'm going to share in more detail below.  You can see that on two of them I stitched the felt pieces together with a sewing machine (you could use needle & thread too) and the other one I used hot glue on.

Jen Carter Felt Bunny Hair Barrettes Pink Bobby Pin

For this one I used the Large Marshmallow Bunny die and a large bobby pin that has a circle on the back to attach your project onto. To attach the felt bunny I hot glued it to the circle but you could also hide the circle inside the bobby pin and sew.

I used a small piece of black felt between the pink layers so that it would show the eyes and nose.  I also used the sewing machine to add the yellow ears.  To attach the flower sequin I used a French Knot.

Jen Carter Sadie Pink Bunny

This is my sweet daughter modeling it (on a very windy day).

Jen Carter Felt Bunny Hair Barrettes Bunny Back Bunny 2

Next up is the same die Large Marshmallow Bunny but I used it as the back of the bunny.  I cut a hole with my crop-a-dile to attached the brad (which turned as I was sewing and I didn't realize it, it was straight when I started). I sewed past where the brad went and then inserted it and continued sewing.  To attach the barrette I used thread and a needle to stitch it on to the backside.

Jen Carter Sadie Bunny Button

And again my daughter modeling.

Jen Carter Felt Bunny Hair Barrettes Bunny Back Large Gray

And last I used the Bunny Back die and instead of sewing it I used hot glue to put her together. I cut off the whiskers on the back layer of the bunny so that they lined up properly.  I used the face from the Large Marshmallow Bunny die and it fit perfectly.  I also hot glued the flower sequin to her head.

Jen Carter Sadie Bunny Large

And again the cutest little girl. :)

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you feel inspired!  I'll have more felt projects to share at a later time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...