Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Lil' Inker Designs September Release Day 3

Welcome back to the last day of the Lil' Inker Designs September release!  If you are following along in the blog hop you should have come from Heather Hoffman's Blog All of the products are currently available in the Lil' Inker Designs store, so you can start shopping now! :)  


Eat Pie
My last 2 cards for this release uses a stamp set that makes me chuckle called Eat Pie.  It reminds me of Chick-fil-a's popular campaign with the cows wearing signs trying to guide people to eat chicken...not cows. 😁

**And be sure to scroll down because my 9 year old daughter is joining me for this post with her card made from this set too!**


Photo Source & More Pictures


Stamping the turkey in this set was a lot of fun.  You may think that I just used random colors but I was actually really inspired by a gorgeous real life breed of turkey shown above.

Jen Carter Eat Pie 4 wm

To assemble the turkey, I first die cut her using the Eat Pie dies.  I then stamped each piece of the turkey with the Eat Pie Stamp set with bright inks (listed below), trying to use the colors in the turkey above.  I die cut the sign, pumpkin & squirrel and stamped them with the same set.  The background was die cut with Cover Up Die: Stitched Clouds.  And the hill was created using one of the dies from Dual Dotted Border Builder Dies.

Introducing Sadie's (9 Years Old) Eat Pie Card
When I was making my card, my 9 year old daughter Sadie saw the set and wanted to make a card too.  I have to say she did a wonderful job!  I'm so proud of her!



Here she is with her card.

Jen Sadie Carter Eat Pie 22

For her card she also wanted to use bright colors but on a brown turkey (inks listed below).  She die cut the turkey, sign & pumpkins with the Eat Pie dies and then stamped the individual pieces with the coordinating Eat Pie Stamp set.  She cut the sign down so that it looked like he was picketing to eat pie, not turkey.  The hill was die cut with one of the Border Builder dies.  She die cut the Sunshine (large) and then stamped a face & mustache from the So Prickly stamp set (totally her idea!).

Didn't she do a great job?  I loved listening to her thought process as she thought out each detail!  I know she'd love reading your comments for her card (if you are inclined to leave one)!

New Products Used

 Eat Pie Stamp set

Other Products Used


 Cover Up Die: Stitched Clouds
 Sunshine (large)

So Prickly stamp set

Comment to Win!
Be sure to comment on all of the Design Team blogs so you are eligible to win a BIG prize from Lil' Inker Designs this month!



Thank you for joining me this week for the newest Lil' Inker Designs release!

Supplies (not listed above)
Supplies for Eat Turkey #1 
Cardstock: Aqua Mist (PTI)

Supplies for Eat Turkey #2 
Cardstock: Harvest Gold (PTI), Michaels (blue)

33 comments:

Stefanie White said...

These cards are great! Live your colors for the Turkey. And Sadie's card is awesome! You should be one proud mama right now!

McStamper said...

Love your colorful turkey. Great background and the squirrel on the sign is perfect. Sadie's card is fantastic, too.

MJ said...

Your colorful turkey is beautiful.

Nandini said...

The colorful turkey is just too cute! And your daughter is really adorable. Love her card!

Karenladd said...

Wow, that technicolor turkey is so fun...and really does call to mind that breed of turkey with the peacock colors! Your daughter's card is just adorable, with the patterned paper hills and expertly stamped (although more sedate) pie-loving turkey

Wondering Mindfield said...

This turkey is so silly and fun I love it! Sadie's card is fun and colorful I think is fantastic. Is so great to see the kiddos doing crafts as well and seeing how their creativity is so fearless! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow!!! Great cards!!! Both are absolutely cute and so funny!!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love your colorful turkey. Love your daughter's creative card too - you must be so proud???

Robin R said...

Jen, cute card! I love the colors you used on your turkey, so pretty!

Sadie, your card is great! You make me think I could stamp all the parts of the that cute turkey and have him turn out looking good too. p.s. I love that your sun has a mustache :)

I Card Everyone said...

Sadie, that is my life's slogan!!! LOve your card, and the bright beautiful colors you've used for that Turkey's tail feathers!
Jen, your Turkey is TOO cute, too... and OH I do love those Eat Chicken signs!
=]

Lisa A creations said...

Very cute and colorful cards!

Unknown said...

She did a fabulous job! That turkey is a hoot! Thanks for sharing!

Teresa Doyle said...

Jen your card is so sweet and the Stitched Clouds really show up in the background but still lets your turkey and sign be the star of the card.
Sadie's card is amazing, does she have a blog yet? She should! I'd follow her in a heart beat! There's an idea for her: She should "pioneer" a card blog for kids. Maybe other talented children can follow suit and start their own card blogs just like their Momma's. Great work Sadie!

Patt H. said...

Wonderful cards! Sadie is a true crafter already. Love the colorful turkey!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the colors and textures on these cards! The squirrel and turkey are adorable! Sadie did a wonderful job on her card!

Pam D. said...

Sadie, I love your card! Your turkey really stands out from the blue and green background! Love the bright colors you chose!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Both of you did a super job. These cards are cute. Love the inspiration photo.

Janet D. said...

Love the turkey cards, both are so fun!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a post filled with adorable ideas!

Sam B said...

Great cards - Sadie has a bright future as a cardmaker for sure!

FD91354 said...

Sorry, but your daughters card takes the pie! Both are so cute. Thank you for sharing and having your daughter join in. Very special

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Both cards are great ! In yours I really like the patterned paper for the ground and those stitched clouds are really awesome !! And your daughters card is lovely ! She has perfect taste for color combo and the details on the sun are adorable !

Angela Walters said...

Your card with the Eat Pie set is terrific and so is your daughter's! I love both of your brightly colored turkeys. You both created wonderful scenes, too! Great job to both of you!

Amy Vitriani said...

Adorable card Jen! And your daughter did a fantastic job on hers too!! This set is awesome, and it's funny because the moment I saw it it reminded me of the chick-fil-a's promos too haha.

Mary Holshouser said...

Sadie's card is so cute.
Lots of turkeys will be
cheering for her.
Your card was cute too.
thanks for sharing.

Cheri said...

I love the bright colors on the turkey cards! Please tell your daughter I love her card. This is a really cute stamp.

lritchie said...

Great cards, great job Sadie! Great new release!

Judie said...

Wow super fun cards!!! Sadie's card is awesome!

Sue D said...

Love the cute and colorful turkeys on both of these cards.

Laura Pryor said...

Jen, this post is awesome! I love the colors that you used for the turkey and the fact that Sadie joined in on the crafting and new release hop just melts my heart! Thank you, Sadie! You get your skills from your mom for sure!
Thank you, Ladies!!!

DisDesigns said...

Turkeys and squirrels and pumpkins, oh my!! Love your color choices!!

Larissa Heskett said...

SO AWESOME!! I LOVE the New Designs and the AMAZING Inspiration your sharing!! Sadies Card is TOO SWEET!! LOVE that Face on the Sun!! THANKS and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Unknown said...

My money is on Sadie. What a darling card. Mom you're a real inspiration for her. I love to see young crafters (girls) get involved and create. The Mr. Sunshine knocked it out of the park for me. That mustache is just funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...