Thursday, July 16, 2015

School Bus Hello


It's hard to believe that my summer is almost over and I have to go back to the school office in just a few short weeks.  WHERE did the summer go?  :)  I've already started working on enrollment.  Sigh. I'm very thankful for my job and that I can work doing something I truly enjoy and only have to work part time!  I love my office hours, especially as my son grows and more and more time will be devoted to sports!

Jen Carter Quilted School Bus Hello 1.2

With school on my mind, I wanted to create some school themed projects.  I love this new School Bus die by Frantic Stamper!  I wanted to do something fun with it so I decided to go with a quilted/pieced type card!  I pulled out lots and lots of coordinating patterned papers and then put the dies to work.  I started by piecing that bus.  Oh my!  Isn't that just the cutest?  My kids don't even ride the bus to school but I still love it!  And the little boy & girl silhouettes that fit inside the window!  What a great addition to the die set!  The bus even has pieceable bumpers!

Jen Carter Quilted School Bus Hello Closeup

To create the background, I used the Sunburst Card Panel die to create the sun and just trimmed it where needed, to fit on my card mat. For the hills I took one piece of small cardstock and then cut strips of patterned papers with various greens in it, adding in some white papers with different colors for contrast, and then cut them apart with the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers dies.  It looks like I used a large piece of paper for that but because the pieces are layered behind and on top of each other, I made those pieces go a really long way and I really like the look! 






Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed this card!

7 comments:

merryf said...

This is adorable! So cheery and fun!

~amy~ said...

Cute Cute Cute!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Love this card, Jen. Great idea using the mixed papers for the hills.

Donna said...

Fab card! Love that school bus die and the rolling hills! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Paper Piecing" challenge!!

Anna-Karin said...

Such a fun card!! Love those multi patterned hills! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Chana Malkah said...

What a delightful creation! I love all the design elements and your fabulous POV! Very nicely done! Thanks for taking the Paper Piecing challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...