Friday, July 17, 2015

Congrats on Your Retirement!


Hey everyone!  I have a bright card to share with you today!  

Jen Carter Sunburst Retirement 1

I'm excited how this card turned out.  I used the Wrapper's Delight: Sunburst die cut with vellum.  I embossed the sentiment from a great sentiment set, Go Confidently, with red embossing powder.  How many times I needed a retirement stamp but didn't have the right thing in my stash I can't count!  I love that this set gives me so many mix & match sentiment options and it works perfectly on the sunburst die!

Jen Carter Sunburst Retirement Closeup 2

To attach the vellum, I just wrapped the ends of the piece where the sentiment is embossed around to the back side of the cardstock and attached where you can't see it!  I love that it is hidden!  For the dotted edges I used the Dual Dotted Rectangle Dies that I seem to reach for all of the time now and trimmed one strip to use as a border on the card.  I felt like it worked well with the confetti patterned paper. 

I'm entering this card at the Curtain Call's Challenge: Celebrate.

 I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Anything Goes.

Thank you so stopping by! 

4 comments:

Betty Wright said...

WOW! This is fabulous! I just love what you did with the vellum! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Curtain Call!

Maura said...

Great card, love the vellum sunburst! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Jen. Love the fun paper with the soft vellum overlay. The touch of red looks great with the heat embossing! Amazing design. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Amy Sheffer said...

So fun and festive! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...