Sunday, June 30, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

Hello everyone! We've just returned from a vacation trip to Colorado and we had such a great time together as a family!  We spent time in Colorado Springs, drove through Denver and visited Ikea (!!) and Casa Bonita, then drove on to Winter Park and enjoyed a great day at the resort doing everything from miniature golf to the Alpine Slides.  It was such a GREAT time and a very needed vacation!
 

 This is the kids & I after riding the train to the top of Pike's Peak.  (It was pretty bright up there and so they are both squinting.)

Before we left on vacation, I made a card for the current Avery Elle challenge that was based on a sketch.  I'm posting it at the last minute, barely squeaking in by the deadline!  I took a pretty literal interpretation of the sketch that was posted.


This was a fun sketch to play with!  You know me, I went with bright colors!  I do love color!

I used several Avery Elle sets on this card.   My son is 10 and so his friends are starting to have birthdays and I figured having an "11" card in my stash was appropriate.  Those numbers are from the "Count on It" set and I love the font for the numbers in this set.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the "Picture It" set.  The little star and the sentiment are from one of my FAVORITE sentiment sets ever, "Oh Happy Day".  

This sketch was perfect for using Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats Circles with!  I love how the stitching adds a little extra pop to the circles!

  Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Cute card! I don't have any Avery Elle stamps yet, but they look like fun! Denver's such a fun place to visit. We spent lots of time in Col. As our DS graduated from the Air Force Academy in Col. springs. We miss those days! Glad you had a good time.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Jen!
My SIL lives in Denver and the last time we visited was 2009-- I would love to go back!
We just got our IKEA (in Winnipeg, so 1.5 hours away) last November, but I love it! Such a great store to visit-- although the kids don't agree. ;)

Cathy Weber said...

I love this card Jen...those circles are fabulous and it looks like you had such a good time on your vacation. I sent you an email last week...hope you received it and it isn't stuck in your spam folder. Great card...I have to get some of those enamel dots!

Nina Yang said...

Love the details on both the tag and the circle dies :) But love your "literal interpretation" to the sketch even more! Fun colors and patterns you've mixed and matched here, Jen! So bright and makes me so happy! Glad that you had fun on your vacation too! Have a wonderful week!

Heather P. said...

This card is so totally FUN!

Amy Kolling said...

OH MY.....this is just an awesome card!!! Perfectly done for the sketch. I LOVE that big happy sentiment!!!

Christina said...

I love this soooo much, Jen! Awesome use of the sketch and such happy colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...