Thursday, August 25, 2011

Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge

**This is my 2nd post for today! To see my card with PTI's Mehndi Medallion set, click here!**


Hi everyone!! I totally forgot that this was PTI blog hop day so I am here with a card I quickly whipped up this morning!  Our challenge this month was to make a card using this gorgeous photo for inspiration:


And here is what I quickly came up with:


I took  my inspiration from the colors, the flowers and from the suitcase lining.  There were so many beautiful elements in this photo it was hard to narrow down what to focus on!  I used Damask Designs to first stamp a background on Rustic Cream cardstock using Haystack Palette ink.  The flowers were stamped with a mixture of Sweet Blush & Hibiscus Burst inks and then I used a yellow copic to give the center just a hint of yellow coloring.


The frame at the top was created by cutting off the top of the Tag Sale #3 die cut and attaching it to the card front with pop dots. 


There will be LOTS of cards to see today with TONS of inspiration!! To add yours or to see all the participants, visit Nichole's blog here!!  Thank you so much for stopping by!! I am off now to view the other cards in the hop!! 

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Damask Designs, Daydreamer
Paper: Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, Rustic Cream
Ink: Palette Haystack, Palette Chartreuse, Palette Landscape, PTI Sweet Blush & Hibiscus Burst & Spring Rain
Other: Tag Die, Giga Guidelines Impression Plate, Button Twine, yellow copic, pop dots, Resin flower

35 comments:

Marge said...

This is just so soft and simply STUNNING!!!

Laura Isham said...

Beautiful (as always), Jen! It is soft and pretty and I could look at it for hours.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh so soft and pretty Jen! I'm happy to see other taking the softer color approach as I did! Happy Hopping :)

Teresa said...

So soft and pretty. Love the grass at the bottom.

Lindsay said...

So so pretty Jen! I Love that bg with the flowers over the damask!

Marybeth said...

Jen, this is so soft , elegant and beautiful!

Caren B said...

Love the Daydreamer set - I used it on my blog hop card too!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Awesome! I love how you incorporated the flowers and damask together, and I love the way you used the Tag Sale die!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I love the Daydreamer stamped over the damask pattern!

Ally said...

Beautiful, Jen. ;-) I love the damask background you created, and the flowers are just perfect. I love the upside-down tag at the top with the twine. Really lovely. ;-)

Kara said...

so beautiful! love how you used the tag die on this one!!

Rhonda said...

Love the flowers over the damask. A beautiful design Jen!

Joyce said...

His is so beautiful. I can't believe you just whipped it up.

Amy Kolling said...

It was funny this morning I pulled out this set to use but put it back!!! Love your flowers overstamped!! What a fun idea to use that tag to mimick the suitcase closure!! See I knew you'd find time to post something beautiful!!

jen said...

love this, jen! your soft, pretty take on the inspiration is great!

Terri said...

So soft and pretty. Love the Damask background and the flowers in top of it.

Chunyuan said...

Love the flowers stamped over the damask and your use of tag die for sentiment.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Beautiful stamping and wonderful design! LOVE your card!

Renee said...

That background is fabby...
and love the the way you used the tag...
beautiful!
And at least I'm not the only one singing "Strawberry Wine" now...
I've been singing it for days...
*giggle*

Karen C. said...

Love how you've used the Daydreamer images on your card. I just received my most recent order with this set and I love it. The copic colouring in the centers is such a pretty look. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sonia said...

Love the background...and I really like the tag upside-down like that!

SugarGem said...

Very beautiful and elegant! Lenae Sugargemcrafts lovesugargem@gmail.com

Kay D said...

I love your stamp combination, the flowers and the damask are so pretty together. Also, I love your use of the Tag Sale tag!

Linda Suarez said...

So pretty!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent take on the challenge. Saw the damask too and love how you have incorporated it into your card. Beautiful!

Emily Leiphart said...

Jen, I love how you used the damask from the inside of the picnic basket and stamped the flowers on top. The tag is a great platform for the sentiment, too!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Like the watercolor effect of the flowers stamped on the damask.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the softness of these colors, beautiful card.

tonyamaries said...

Love the soft colors, very pretty card.

kasia c. said...

This is so soft and pretty! I love the way you layered all those lovely stamps. :)
Beautiful take on the inspiration photo.

Camilla said...

soft colors. I love it!

Suzanne Russell said...

I Love the soft colors you chose and the way you combined the background with the floral image. Just beautiful!

Janelle said...

Very cute, Jen. Love the way you used the tag -- great idea!

Laurie said...

This is very pretty! I love the damask in the back ground!

The Paper Parade said...

That was a quick card?! I can't believe it, its gorgeous! I love what you did with the tag, and how you stamped the flower right on the background design. All aspects of the card are lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...