Friday, March 4, 2011

A Card, Swagbucks & 2 Rings!

Hi!! I have several things to share with you today!

First, a card...


I made this card based on last week's Clean & Simple sketch #129.  I first stamped the patterned paper and then looked for a sketch that I could use it with...kind of backwards I know!

Here's the sketch.


I just loved this sketch! 


I am not sure that the bow really looks right on the card, so I think I might have to go back and try to figure out how to make it a little better, but I just loved playing with the color scheme and the doily background!  And, I got to use of my favorite PTI sets on this card for the main image too, Floral Fusion!


Next...have you heard of Swagbucks?


Search & Win

It is new to me!  I recently learned about it on the PTI forum.  I do a lot of searching on the Internet for ideas for church, for papercrafting links, etc and with this program, you can earn points (which translates into dollars) for using their search bar.  You can also earn points by taking a daily one-question poll, playing games, watching short videos and taking surveys.

Do you like paypal gift certificates?  Target gift certificates? Amazon gift certificates? Etc?  With this program you can turn your points into gift certificates from these companies and so MUCH more!!  Cool right?  I know!

Anyway, just wanted to share about this super cool program!  If you click on the swagbucks photo in this post above OR on the photo on the right-hand side of my blog, you will be directed to their site.  Just for signing up you get 30 FREE swagbucks...and I get credit too if you sign-up using one of the links I provided or just simply click HERE!


One last thing...New Rings

I also wanted to share a couple of rings that I added to my Etsy shop today!

This ring is also available in the colors shown below.


If you like zebra stripes, big & blingy...FUN ring for you!! :)

Ok, I think I crammed enough info into this one post today!! Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Card Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Floral Fusion, Healing Touch, My Minds Eye Gertie "Girly"
Paper: Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye, Palette Water Lily Green
Other: Wrinkle Ribbon, Banner Die, Rhinestones, Doily Details Die, Fillable Frames Die, Fiskars Border Punch, Pop Dots

20 comments:

Eva said...

Great card Jen...like the use of the doilie stamps, I want to do a card with that layout as well. Your rings are very fascinating...so pretty! Love the dots!

Amy Kolling said...

You are rockin' these doily stamps! Love the design and the doily behind the focal point. All these dies, it's making it so much fun to layer! Do you know however that my doily stamp set is still not put together? I'd better get in gear or THAT'S what I'll be doing at our stamping weekend. :). Thanks for the text today!!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the doily background you created for this beautiful card!!!

Cathy Weber said...

Great post today Jen. Your card is so pretty. Love the colors, my favorites. I sure wish I wore rings, you make such beautiful jewelry. The pic of the ring color choices so remind me of PTI buttons, that's what popped into my head when I first saw it. Thanks for the info on Swagbucks. I had been wondering what they were all about.

Christina said...

Wow, look at that fab stamped background! Love the layered doily and label, too. Beautiful job with the sketch.

I'll have to check out your link as I've seen it on some other blogs lately. And your new rings are super cute, especially the first one with the dotty buttons!

Rebecca said...

Such an elegant card. The doily background is incredible!

Karen said...

Hiya Jen!

Just wanted to pop by and tell you that I LOVE this card AND your button rings are the cutest darn things ever! I'm going to show my teenage daughter when she comes home. Would you post to Australia and if so how much do you think it would be?

Karen
x
PS - thanks for your lovely comment on my card too!

Trees said...

What a pretty card, I love the stamped doily background paper, and the colors you used.

Suzanne said...

Jen! Stunning card!!! I love how you edged the brown cardstock on either side of the stamped center. Those doilies look beautiful, and the crinkle ribbon is perfect with this.

Sue Ann said...

I think I have tried to comment on this card about 5 times but something keeps happening with the kids. Obviously I love it since I keep coming back to it :) I love the colors and I think the ribbon is great. I really love the boarder down the side ...... Another great card !!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I just got my first Amazon gift card with Swagbucks and I printed coupons from the Swagbucks website and get 10 SB's for each one I redeem. I should have about 100 SB's hitting my account in a few weeks from the coupons I used. Loving the Swagbucks!

Your work is incredible!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Beutiful card! Love those colors and great job with the sketch! Also, I have a surprise for you on my blog: http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2011/03/awards-awards.html

Katrina Hunt said...

LOVE your card.....and OMG...you make rings too....ekkk.....no...I must not look at Etsy!!! hugs, Katrina

Nerina said...

LOVE your card Jen! It's so super elegant - with your beautiful doily background and the seam binding ribbon! Love the way you've layered the dies too - so creative! (And your polka dot ring is fantastic!!)

Laurie said...

OH my I dont know how I missed this! Your card is so pretty! I love those doilies! You are going to be known as the SG queen before too long here! Racking them up fast! LOL!

Lee Anne said...

What a great job you did with the sketch and those colors are fabulous together...as always. No one does color like you do, Jen!

Katie said...

I love this sketch...especially what you did with it! The layering of the dies is perfect too! Gorgeous!

Teresa Kline said...

your card is stunning...I luv the color and the details...have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Dana said...

JEN! This card is amazing. Such a display of artistic goodness. I like the bow the way it is.
Love SB...cannot get enough.
Your new rings made me squel..those polkadot buttons are adorable!

reeree62 said...

LOOOVE the dotted ring!! Too bad you couldn't make it so the different colored buttons were interchangeable & sold as a set!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...