Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paper Dolls - Challenge #14

Hello!  This week's Papertrey Paper Dolls challenge was issued by C.  She asked us to do two things:
(1) use a color that you would not typically use and (2) use a technique on your card that you have not used in a while.

The technique that I chose to use (other than hand-cutting the kites which I rarely do) was to mix patterned papers.  I am not the greatest at doing this but Lindsay has inspired me to give it a try again!  She is the queen of mixing and matching patterned papers!   For the second part of the challenge I chose to pick papers that I could use Berry Sorbet with.  I don't know why but I rarely reach for this color.  I didn't use it tons on this card, but I did incorporate it like was asked.




The kites are popped up on pop dots to give dimension and all of the clouds are distressed with PTI's Tea Dye inks to match the background paper.

Also, I just had to share with you another new ring I made (sorry if you are tired of these).  I know I say this a lot but I really like this one!  I listed it on Etsy and it sold in a few hours so I've relisted it again.  You can see more images of this ring and purchase it in your size at my Etsy store Jen's Ink Spot.


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed this card (and ring)!  Have a wonderful day!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Up, Up & Away
Paper: Aqua Mist, October Afternoon's Cherry Hill (kites), My Mind's Eye (grid), PTI Library Ledger (clouds)
Ink: Chocolate Brown, Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse, Sunflower Palette, Tea Dye Duos
Other:  Cloud Dies, circle punch, EK Success Border Punch

19 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Well this is just FAB Jen!! I love the graph paper background, and the colorful kites really pop against the soft colored background! I've recently developed a love for Berry Sorbet and it's now one of my faves :)

Christina said...

How cute! You have mixed and matched these papers beautifully! I have a hard time with patterned papers myself, but this is just perfect. Great job with the paper piecing, too!

Ted said...

Jen, this is wonderful! You did a fantastic job of paper piecing! Bravo!

Amy Kolling said...

Love all your patterns Jen! You did a great job with this! I need to get this set out again and use those kites!

C Stephens said...

Beautiful card Jen. I love the paper-piecing and the background paper. Great job!

Jennifer K said...

Great card - I love all the layering and 3D elements you incorporated.

Teresa said...

Great card Jen! I love that cute sun peeking out of the cloud.Nice job mixing the PP. Oh, That ring is beautiful.

Jill said...

I agree about Lindsay's skill with the patterned papers--and you did very well too! I think the ledger-y background for the kites is so creative and looks really different and great!

Lindsay said...

Thanks Jen for the compliment, you are a sweetie! LOVE LOVE this! You did a fantastic job with the papers! That button ring is fantastic! They are all fantastic!

kssdesigns said...

Oh my gosh, this card is SO pretty!

Sarah G. said...

Very cute card! I think the pp you chose works great together. And I love to see the rings you are making. Keep 'em coming!

Katie said...

Ah! Love the combination of two of my favorite papercrafting companies! I love it!

Lee Anne said...

I agree with you about using patterned paper. That is hard for me. You, however, made it look easy on this great card!

Kim said...

The perfect summer card! I luv it Jen!

Lisa Voerg said...

Jen, this is just beautiful! The colors and patterned paper are perfect. Glad to hear things are going good with etsy.

Dana said...

I love your card Jen, it's fun and eye-pleasing, but that ring is drop dead gorgeous. *sigh*

Barb said...

Both are just beautiful, Jen! Love the polka dotted clouds, and the ring is just lovely!

Erica said...

Fun card and cool ring!

Melissa said...

This is gorgeous Jen! I love the polka dot clouds and the paper pieced kites are so pretty! I haven't stamped the kits yet...need to do that, thanks for the inspiration!

Did you sponge the background paper with blue? It looks great. Your ring is so cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...