Thursday, March 30, 2017

National Craft Month Celebration with Right at Home Stamps


Today I am hopping along with Right at Home to celebrate National Craft Month.  This blog hop celebrates our favorite hobby and we hope to bring the crafty community together for a day dedicated to our passion.   Right at Home is releasing a brand new stamp set that I think you all will love called Make Something Beautiful. I have two very different cards to share today featuring this fun stamp set.


Jen Carter RAH Do What You Love Camera 2

I started by stamping the cute camera image from Make Something Beautiful on patterned paper and then hand cut it.  I punched a small circle for the center and added a little flower sequin for the flash.  The sentiment is also from the same set.


Jen Carter RAH Make Something Beautiful Watercolor 2


I went a totally different direction with this last card.  I first stamped the sentiment where I wanted it and then I stamped the images from the Make Something Beautiful stamp set, framing the sentiment.  I watercolored the images with a mixture of regular cake watercolors and shimmer watercolors for a little shine.  To finish it off I added a few sequins.

If you would like to win this adorable stamp set, stop on over to the Right at Home blog.  Those who hop along and comment on the blogs on the hop will be eligible to win!

Your next stop on the hop is to Jill's blog.  Thank you for joining me today!

To visit all of the participants on the list, here is the full blog hop order.

Jen -- You are Here!


Other Supplies:
Dies: Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Stitched Nested Rectangle Dies
Patterned Paper: Bloom by Crate Paper
Twine: The Twinery Stone Twine
Watercolors Regular: Michaels
Watercolors Shimmer: Yasutomo Pearlescent

24 comments:

~amy~ said...

BOTH of your cards are wonderful...your first one = WOW. So SWEET. Your second one should be framed and put into a craft room..love it!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love these, Jen!!!!! I especially love the flash on the camera. That was brilliant!

Amy C. said...

Two amazing cards! The patterned paper for the camera is a neat idea and I love the bright colors you used for your second design.

Terribly Great said...

What adorable cards! Thanks for the inspiration!!

KimberlyM said...

Both your cards are great, but that sequin flash on the camera is so sweet! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Mary Kay Werry said...

Both of your cards are so fun! Great use of a wonderful stamp set.

Elise Smith said...

Awesome cards! I especially love the mix of patterned papers on the first one :)

Kim Faucher said...

Love how versatile this set is. Everyone is so unique!

luvhymns said...

Wonderful cards. I like the designer paper outlining your camera and the sequins bring pop to the colors of "making something beautiful" card 2.

Unknown said...

Super cute stamp set! Great cards! Love the one with the camera. Thanks for sharing!

Jewel said...

Love them both! 🎨✂️

Kleri said...

Awesome projects!I like the bright color one better. :)

nancy dempsey said...

The first card is so unique and I love the colors on the second. Beautiful!

Maria said...

Love your cards! Each one is unique! Pretty first one and colorful and fun for the second one! Love them both!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Both of these are awesome, Jen, but that first one just knocks my socks off!!! A sequin flower flash?!?! Oh my word!!! So cute!

Katy said...

Two great cards!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely cards, I especially love that first one, so pretty!

croppinmama said...

Both of your card designs are cute and fun. Love all the details you included on the camera image. Thanks for the explanation or else I would have missed some of the elements.

Colleen said...

Both cards are great but I really love the card stamp on the pattern paper

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen both of these are fabulous! Your paper pieced camera is so sweet and you are so smart to create a lens and the sequin flash! Awesome watercolouring on the second card. Seeing all the idea from the hop makes me want to make more cards with this set! See you in a few days!

Mary-Anne V said...

Great cards...love the paper pieced camera and the fun colours on the last.

Mary Holshouser said...

Great cards.
The first is simple but pretty.
The second is colorful and fun.
thanks for sharing.

Marcie Sharp said...

Both cards are fantastic Jen! Cutest sequin 'flash'. Love it!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Lovely and funny cards!!! Really awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...