Friday, September 11, 2009

More Christmas

Two more Christmas cards to share with you today. I got the layout and color scheme for these cards from the Hero Arts blog. They have been sharing autumn color schemes this week and I altered one of the colors they listed to make the cards a little more Christmasy. I like the results.

This first card uses the fun little secret I discovered while playing with my Champagne VersaMark ink (CVM). To create the background on the Kraft cardstock, I stamped The Angel Company's "Script Background" with CVM ink and then stamped the holly image from the "Sweet Goodies" stamp set on top of it. Of course it sparkles! But, you knew it would do that already!

So, what's the big secret? As I looked at my holly stamp all glittered up from the CVM ink, I decided to experiment a little. I reinked it with the CVM ink and then tapped it on the edge of my Bordeaux Palette ink pad and then stamped on to my Kraft cardstock. Yep! You guessed it. It made the holly image sparkle! What an easy way to add sparkle to your images!! It did leave a little glitter on my palette pad but I don't think that that will be a problem. It is a subtle sparkle on the Kraft cardstock but when I tried this same technique on white cardstock, it left even more of a sparkle. Love it!! I tried to capture this effect in a photo, but I just couldn't capture it so you'll just have to give it a try to see how it looks!

Supplies
Stamps: The Angel Company's "Script Background", "Sweet Goodies", "Thinking of You", Build a Background"
Ink: Moonlight White Brilliance, Champagne VersaMark Ink, Turquoise Gem VersaMagic, Bordeaux Palette Ink
Paper: TAC Ultrasmooth White, Brown & Kraft, Bazzill Rain & Burgundy
Other: Scalloped Scissors

This next card uses many of the same supplies & colors. The photo just doesn't capture the true colors of this card.

The snowflakes on the blue bazzill paper (from the Amberly Grace cardstock collection) are stamped with VersaMark ink using the new "Snowflake Backgrounder" stamp. Isn't is awesome!! The white snowflakes on the Kraft cardstock are from "Ornamental Snowflakes" stamped with my favorite white ink "Moonlight White Brilliance".

The words for the mat are from "Holiday Cheer" and I just stamped them repeatedly. I used a white souffle pen to make the white border and I made it a little bit too thick.

Supplies
Stamps: The Angel Company's "Snowflake Backgrounder", "Holiday Cheer", "Ornamental Snowflakes"
Ink: Moonlight White Brilliance, VersaMark, Bordeaux & Burnt Umber Palette Ink
Paper: TAC Ultrasmooth White, Brown & Kraft, Bazzill Rain
Other: Souffle White Gel Pen, Ribbon, Pop Dots

7 comments:

AmethystCat said...

lovely, just lovely!

Diana said...

oh wow!! I love all 4 cards!! I can't wait to get my level A (dots) stamp!! your cards are just LOVELY as Seleise said!!

Chris said...

Brilliant work! Love your word mat...it's perfect and I'll have to get some of that new ink to try. Sounds wonderful! :) I've been getting the Hero Arts updates to but didn't think Christmas - love your twist!!

Amy Kolling said...

I really like the Christmas tree card especially with the words as the background. Very nice!!

KellyRae said...

Great tip for using the CVM with the palette ink. LOVE the cards.

Kim said...

Jen I love the color combo that you used on your holiday cards... These are both Beautiful!

Trudy Osborn said...

Girl, you are amazing! Loving all the cards I have missed just recently.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...