Thursday, May 31, 2018

Dressing Up Alphabet Dies + Video

Recently I shared a video post about using alphabet dies to create stencils or card panels.  I have another video to share today also using alphabet dies but this time it's all about blinging up those alphabet dies.  It was so fun and made for three very sparkly cards!



Happy Birthday Bling

Jen Carter FS Blinged Up Happy Birthday 2

This is the card I showed in the video. The letter & number (symbol) dies are called Brooklyn Alphabet & Brooklyn Numbers. I used sequins, glitter and embossing powder to bling this card up.  I love how fun and festive it looks and the black & white paper helps it to pop even more!  I used a combination of Scor-tape and glue to adhere the various embellishments to each letter.

Jen Carter FS Blinged Up Happy Birthday Closeup 1

In this closeup you can see the details a little better.  The sentiment is embossed in white and is from a stamp set called Many Happy Birthdays.

Woop! Woop!

Jen Carter FS Woop Woop! 1

I enjoy being able to create custom sentiments with dies.  For this card I used the same process as I did above using sequins, glitter & embossing paste.  I backed the sentiment with vellum since it is competing with the background paper.  It softened up the various patterns just a bit.

Jen Carter FS Woop Woop! Closeup

Birthday Woop!

Jen Carter FS Woop Negative Die Cuts 1

This card is my least favorite from the three and I almost didn't share it.  However, it is nice to be able to use the scraps on cards too and that is just what I did for this one.  I die cut the letters out of pieces of cardstock that I had first cut to the same size and then used these negative pieces to create my sentiment.  Since they are a larger size you can't fit as many on one card but it is still a fun way to customize a sentiment and have zero waste!

Jen Carter FS Woop Negative Die Cuts Closeup

On each of the pieces I used a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen to create sparkle.  You can see that a little bit better in this photo.

Thank you so much for joining me today!  Have a great one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...