Wednesday, February 7, 2018

You're the Best


You're the Best
Today's card is one that is a little different for me.  I did a lot of ink blending on the base of this card using inks from Catherine Pooler.  Have you tried these inks yet?  If not, you're missing out! :)  And hold on to your seats because there are 8 new colors coming to the line February 13th that coordinate with the colors I've used here!

Jen Carter Spa Best Doily Blended

I die cut three of the Small Doily Dies from Masking Paper and then adhered them to the white cardstock.  I blended Royal Treatment, Peppermint Scrub, Daydream, Mandarin Spice & Sauna inks onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock using a foam blender.  I then took the script stamp from the Birds of a Feather stamp set and spritzed it with water and then stamped it onto the card panel to create the watermark look on the background.  I removed the masking paper so that the white doilies stand out nice and bright.  

Jen Carter Spa Best Doily Blended Closeup

I die cut the doily out of the indigo cardstock and then stamped the sentiment from the Simply the Best stamp set (one of my favorites!).  I die cut the Best die out of white cardstock that I had inked with Mandarin Spice & Peppermint Scrub inks.  I dipped the entire thing in VersaMark ink and then embossed it with Wanderlust Embossing Powder (coming back to the store soon).  I attached the entire panel to the card with dimensional tape and cut off the pieces hanging over the edge of the card.  Last, I added three sequins around the sentiment.

Thank you for joining me today!  I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow ! That’s such a wonderful background !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...