Thursday, June 25, 2015

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge


**I have lots of new listings for stamp sets for sale on my "Stamps for Sale - Updated" tab above, including lots of PTI!  Or you can click here.  Take a look if you have time!  Thanks!**

Welcome to the June Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!  When I saw the photo for this month's inspiration, I knew right away I wanted to play along!

Jen Carter PTI June Peaches Thanks Closeup

There are flowers in the inspiration photo, but I thought immediately of the peaches in Betsy's new Make It Market Mini Kit.   I thought that their ripe, juicy color would be perfect for the colors in the photo.  


Aren't those shoes so cute?

Jen Carter PTI June Peaches Thanks

I used the Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal die to cut the stripes.  It seemed like the perfect backdrop for the peaches.  I added in the "Thanks" die included in the kit and cut three of them to stack on top of each other.  I sprayed the top peach with a little glimmer mist and used a clear Wink of Stella Glitter pen on the peaches in a few key areas but it is hard to see in the photo.  To finish the card off, I added in a few dark gray enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, Rustic Cream, Terra Cotta Tile
Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse; Fresh Ink Coral Melon; Mama Elephant Fern; Avery Elle Papaya
Stamps & Dies: Papertrey Ink (Linked above)

16 comments:

Diana K said...

Oooh, loving this. Those juicy peaches just showed up at my door minutes ago. You've inspired me!

Barb Kirkwood said...

Love the card especially the way you stacked the peaches like flowers and the one orange stripe behind the Thanks. Great job. I have to copy😁

Joy2Scrapbook said...

The peaches are lovely on that stripe background! Great take on the challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection...love it!! :0)

Kelly S. said...

Peachy KEEN! I am going to make a fruity card with these colors this weekend, they look fabulous together!

Anonymous said...

Oh! OOOOO! What a cool idea, so original. I love it!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Jen!

Darnell said...

This is peachilicious, Jen! It's such a happy card so perfect for the hop!! Hugs, Darnell

Jennifer K said...

Awesome! I love how you put in one little orange stripe next to the peaches - perfect!

Birgit said...

I love everything about this fabulous card! The peach strip behind the sweet peaches is such a clever touch, that I never would think to do. I'm pinning this for future reference. Hope you don't mind. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love this. ;-) The peaches are fantastic, and I love that pretty word-die sentiment. Beautiful!

Kathy Mc said...

Oh my, Jen, this card is scrumptious! Your peaches look so real and love how you stacked them and added the extra pop of orange. Perfectly executed!

Laura Norris said...

The peaches are perfect! What a great idea to use them instead of the flowers! I love it!

Marybeth said...

Jen this is darling with the peaches ....such a great idea! Love your card!

A Crafty Person said...

Great card!! Just love those peaches with the stripe background.

Joyce said...

What a cute interpretation. Love those sweet peaches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...