Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas & a Song (or two)!

Merry Christmas!!  After all the preparations for this day, it is finally here.  My heart is reflective not only on my loved ones but on the One who loved me first.  The One who came to this earth a tiny, humble baby, who gave up the comforts of heaven to come to earth to save me.  What a wonder. What a gift.  Sometimes I find it hard to give up the comforts of my home for just an hour or two to go somewhere when I'd rather be doing something else.  It's almost impossible to imagine that Jesus gave up His heavenly home to come to earth, to be born in a feeding trough made for animals.  To be persecuted, hated, mistrusted, misunderstood, beaten and killed.

So today I felt it appropriate to share one last Christmas card for the season that focuses on the true meaning (the truest, purest gift) of Christmas.

Jen Carter Frantic Stamper Let the Heavens Rejoice Card 1.2

You know how much I love the Nativity Creche die from Frantic Stamper.  Well, this die is similar, only in an ornament shape.  I started by cutting out the Teardrop Christmas Bauble Background die from gold glitter paper.  Then, I die cut the Nativity Christmas Bauble with black cardstock to stack on top of the gold glitter ornament.

Jen Carter Frantic Stamper Let the Heavens Rejoice Card closeup

The frame was die cut with the Elementals #1 Basic Shapes die set.  The sentiment and the little stars are from Hero Arts Heavens Rejoice stamp set.   I used Zing Gold Glitter Embossing Powder to emboss them with.  I love the look of this embossing powder with a glitter finish!

I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!  I'm going to leave you with a song that I have listened to over and over this Christmas season.  It is my absolute favorite Christmas song and has been for several years now.  It is called "How Many Kings" by Downhere.


And if you're still with me a new rendition of the popular Hallelujah song only this time Christmas style and performed by a Kansas band called Cloverton.


Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...