Sunday, July 22, 2012

Best Wishes

Hey everyone!!

I made a few cards to share with you today to celebrate the new colors of twine available today from The Twinery!! One of the cards is also for PTI's Stamp-a-faire event that was this weekend!


First up is a very busy card with the beautiful new Ocean twine!  What a gorgeous, gorgeous color this is! I love it!  This card is for the PTI Stamp-a-faire event where we were challenged to make our own embellishments.  I made my own embellishments by taking the center of the sun and sewing several half circles on it to give it detail and also used the twine to embellish the butterfly.


Here is a closeup of the twine so you can see this fabulous color a little more closely.


This next card showcases the new Midnight Blue twine that I've paired with PTI's Enchanted Evening ink (used to stamp the "friend" sentiment).  


This sweet little postcard is from one of my favorite paper packs, "Summer Fresh by Simple Stories".  I cut it out and tied the twine around it.  It worked perfectly!

There are four new colors being released today!! Yippee!!  


I shared a card last week that used the Strawberry color (it is a coral color) and you can see it here.  I have another one using that same color to share with you at a later date.

Be sure to stop by The Twinery today to see these new colors for yourself!

Thank you for stopping by today!! I hope you love these new colors as much as I do!

Supplies:
Best Wishes Card
Twine: Ocean
Paper:  PTI Smokey Shadow Patterned Paper, My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Nutmeg, Aqua Mist Cardstock
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, VersaMagic Ocean Depth
Dies:  PTI Fabulous Frames & Hello Sunshine Dies, Sunrise Impression Plate, WPlus9 Butterfly Die
Stamps:  Paper Smooches, PTI Fabulous Frames

Friend Card
Twine:  Midnight Blue
Paper:  Simple Stories Summer Fresh, My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side One, PTI Harvest Gold
Stamps:  Friends 'Til the End PTI, Market Street Stamps Candy Stripe

9 comments:

Laurie said...

So cute Jen! Love those sun rays! And those great new twine colors!

Amy Kolling said...

You were BUSY! Love the impressed rays on the sunshine card and how they coordinate with the rays in your sun! And the twine?? You already know that I likey! :)

The Paper Parade said...

I just love the chevron sun rays! And what great colors on your card :) How cute that you used the twine for the center of the butterfly...that is genius! And the postcard on the second card is adorable :)

Lynn said...

Wow! I'm in awe of your layout for the first card...stunning! Love the bold stripes and patterns.

Annette Allen said...

awesome cards...Love the sun rays...

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of these cards are fantastic Jen! Your creativity is so inspiring.

Renee said...

Both of these are fabulous!!
You have given me inspiration using those dies in the first card...
I didn't get the sets to them...but did order both sets of dies...
YAY!!
And I love these new colors...
off to check them out now!! :)

Joyce said...

Love these cards, and all the new colors. Thanks for letting me know about them. I just ordered the little sampler set for myself.

Unknown said...

Great new twine colors... strawberry is my total fav. I love that little letter with the matching washi tape strip. Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...