Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day Card

Here is the Mother's Day card I made today for my mom. It was inspired by one Jen Tapler made using patterned paper. I loved how it looked and challenged myself to recreate it using stamps and white paper. I think it turned out pretty well!

The background strips are from The Angel Company's "Friendship Strips" and "Linear Sentiments" sets. See the dots? I LOVE polka dots! I used Reflection Blue, Claret, Landscape, Burnt Umber, Sunflower & Belle Rose Palette inks to create the various stripes.

The flowers are from the "Today & Forever" set and they are stamped are in the same colors as the stripes.

Here's another view from the front. The sentiment is from "Trendy Greetings" and I use it A LOT! The brown piece that it is stamped on is popped up with pop dots.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Better than the original!! :) I mean it honestly...I love the colors you used and the stamps are perfect!!

Bridgett Owens said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors, the design...everything! What a fun way to use stamps to really get the most out of them! You absolutely inspire me!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Diane said...

I LOVE the look of this!!!!! GREAT job!!! :-)

Trudy Osborn said...

Jen, this is BEYOND fabulous!!! I can't say enough about this card! It it perfect. I didn't realize that the background wasn't paper until I read your post. I think I will now have to get those two sets.. Thanks =)

Kim said...

Awesome job creating your own pattern paper!!! Luv your card!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

So pretty! Great color combos and I love the layout too!

Laurie said...

I love this background paper! I would have never thot to use those stamps like that! so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...