Monday, September 14, 2015

Hello from Home

Hello everyone!  This weekend I spent some time at my craft table and I had a great time!  

Today's card was the favorite of the group that I made and is on the artsy side.

Jen Carter House Hello 1

I was inspired to try something different with the Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel die from Frantic Stamper.  I decided to use it to make a focal point.  To do that I cut black cardstock using the die first, and then cut vellum with it again a 2nd time. 

Jen Carter House Hello Closeup 2

After figuring out which house I wanted to highlight on my background patterned paper, I centered the circle around that house and then added an aqua enamel heart to the side of the house to draw more attention to it. I made my sentiment panel by using one of the negative pieces that I had previously cut as a guide and then laid my die where I wanted it (using the guide to line it up) so that it would perfectly cut out the hello patterned paper sentiment.  I popped that up with foam tape.

Jen Carter House Hello side 1

Starting by framing the sentiment on both sides, I took my vellum pieces and placed them in every other ray.  I used clear glue around the stitched edges to adhere the pieces.  Because of the pattern under the vellum you can't see the adhesive at all.



I hope you have a great day!  Thank you for taking a peek at my blog today!

Supplies:
Dies: Frantic Stamper Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel die
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Wonder, Pebbles Happy Day
Other: Vellum, Foam tape, Amy Tangerine Enamel Heart Sticker

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...