Check out my stamps for sale by clicking the "Stamps for Sale" tab above!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Custom Background Paper

You are going to be so sick of "Distressed Stripes" before long!  I just can't quit using them!  I find inspiration everywhere for this set of stamps!

I had SOOOO much fun making this paper and these cards.  I want to show you the paper first. 


That paper started out as a piece of PTI Rustic White!  I used quite a few colors and stamps to turn it into this!  I started with the "Distressed Stripes" stamp set and used PTI Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise & Spring Rain inks.  Then, I also added Jumbo Java & Pixie Dust VersaMagic and Palette colors Bordeaux, Chartreuse & Orangerie.  After I stamped that, I stamped a leaf image from "Turning a New Leaf" with Hawaiian Shores around the edges.  Then, I used a swirl from "Fancy Flourishes" in Vintage Cream ink and stamped on top of all that, also staying around the edges.  And, wa-la!!  I love the end result.

I made 3 cards using this one small piece of paper.  I'll share my favorite of them with you today (and yes, this is my 2nd post for today!).


I am so happy with how this turned out.  I love, love all the color in it!  The buttons on the side of the label are chocolate brown but I realize that it's hard to tell from this photo.


Here's a closeup of the stamping so you can see a little more of the detail.  I used a scalloped stamp from Hero Arts to kiss off some of the ink in a few of the largest solid stripes.  You can see this a little on the bottom bordeaux strip.


I also had to share the back with you!  I did something fun and stamped polka dots in Hawaiian Shores ink all across the back.  I thought it added a fun detail!  I also stamped my custom designed-by stamp on there too (but don't look TOO close because I smudged it a little). 


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check back tomorrow and I'll share the 2nd of the cards I made using this paper.  I'd love to hear your comments!

Supplies:
Stamps:  PTI Distressed Stripes, Fancy Flourishes, Turning a New Leaf, Fillabel Frames 2, Vintage Labels, Polka Dot Basics
Ink:  PTI Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise & Spring Rain. Jumbo Java & Pixie Dust VersaMagic and Palette Bordeaux, Chartreuse & Orangerie
Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, PTI Rustic White
Other:  PTI Chocolate Brown Buttons, Tan Scrapper's Floss, Labels 4 Nestabilities, Ribbon, Pop Dots

18 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this Jen! Your pattered paper is awesome!! I really love your siggy stamp too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It's great homemade paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you have been doing with Distressed Stripes! Love how you added the leaves this time! Keep sharing please!

    Andrea McCulley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun! I will have to make those stripe stamps a priority. Keep the great ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those colors! I appreciate you showing the background before and after finishing the card. It gives me a chance to appreciate it and get my own creative juices flowing. Such a great idea and you made it into a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously cute paper, Jen... and the card is wonderful! I love that leaf image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Jen. Looks like something Nichole would make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never have paired those colors together but it works sooo well!!! I really like the leaves around the edges! You keep crankin' those cards out Jen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layers of stamps. Creates such a unique pattern!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natalie WintersteinMarch 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

    Very cute! Now I am adding Distressed Stripes to my wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really rockin the distressed stripes Jen! I adore these colors/patterns together, almost has a water color look to it. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your background paper! It feels very hawaiian and fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, that is so creative! I love the paper you made, so pretty! how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I love the paper that you made and the card is awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - you could never tell this paper started out as a blank white page. What a transformation. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Jen - how cool! Love the homemade paper...Diggin' all the cards your sharing. Keep them coming - oh and LOVE the look of your blog header :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your comments so much! Have a great day!