Check out my stamps for sale by clicking the "Stamps for Sale" tab above!

Monday, October 12, 2009

It's All in the Ribbon


Here are two very similar cards...well, more than similar.  The only thing that is different is the bow.  This is a FAST & EASY card to make and if you had to make duplicates, then this would be a good choice.  I saw a card similar to this on another blog by Maile Belles.  I loved her card and wished I had satin ribbon just like hers.  That's really why I did this card twice...experimenting with the ribbon. 



This card uses a very thin satin ribbon and I didn't like how the bow looked and so I knotted it and now I don't really care for how the knot looks. :)


This card uses an organzay (I'm sure that's not a word!) ribbon with a stitch.  I like the bow but I think the ribbon needs to be darker.  Maile Belles also used rhinestones on her version but can you believe I don't have any small, neutral rhinestones.  Guess what I just added to my wish list right below the olive satin ribbon!

Supplies
Stamps:  TAC Ornamental Snowflakes & Good Tidings
Paper:  TAC White Ultrasmooth
Ink:  Sea Breeze, Ocean Depth & Hint of Pesto Versamagic Ink
Other: Ribbon

4 comments:

  1. So simple and SO elegant!! Love these and may have to make some of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cute, but I really love the ribbon on the 2nd one! It adds a bit more to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your comments so much! Have a great day!