This first card above is my favorite of them all! Have I ever told you how much I LOVE POLKA DOTS!! They are so cool and so "in"! I created the polka dot background on the green bazzill cardstock using tools that you may already have at home! For the solid polka dots I used a pencil eraser dipped in VersaMark ink and for the circle outlines, I used a lid from my water brush pen, tapped it on the VersaMark pad and then stamped it onto my paper. It took a little patience but was worth the end result!
Here is how the embossed/de-embossed lines were made using the Scor-bug.
First, I lined up the orange bazzill cardstock so that I would be able to do 2 rows of dots 1/4" apart using the scor-pal.
Next, I took the scor-bug and first ran the bug down the paper on the BACK side of the paper so that the dots would be raised when I turned the paper over. Then, I turned the paper over and scored with the bug on the front side so that the dots would be de-embossed as you can see in the photo above. You move the tool over the scor-pal just like you would if you were using the scorer tool.
This is how the dots look closeup.
Stamps: Graphic Blooms, Petal Pack, Blooming Builders, Laughter Hostess Set
Inks: Water Lily Green, Orangerie (stamped off twice before stamping on the paper) & Burnt Umber Palette
Here is another card using the same stamp set as above, Graphic Blooms, but with a whole different look. See how you can take the same set, use a different color scheme and the set takes on a whole new identity?
For this one I embossed with the scor-bug on the back side of the cardstock. Then, I turned it over and took a sanding block and lightly sanded the embossed circles to create the white bumps. What an easy way to create a background! I also added stickles to the centers of each of the flowers. You can see a closeup of what this looks like below.
The next cared has a shape all it's own!
See what I mean? The top part of the red TAC Scarlet paper goes above the top of the card base by about 3/4" or so. Yes, it would require a slightly larger envelope (or you could scale the card down so that it would fit in a standard A2 sized envelope). I printed the TAC free black & white paper download onto this scarlet paper and that is what the background is made of. I also had a piece left over from the card that I am going to show you next and that is what I made the strip with. You can see that I used the scorbug to de-emboss a row of dots down the side of the card. A closeup is shown below.
And, last but not least, here is my last example of using the scorbug on a card (well, for today anyway).
This uses a set you've seen a lot of recently, "Victorian Elements". I used the Scorbug right below the black ribbon. A closeup of this is shown below. This is another piece from the paper that I used above (the B&W TAC free download paper printed on to TAC Scarlet).
I hope that you enjoyed these samples as much as I enjoyed making them! Be sure to check out these other Angel blogs to see their scorpal projects!
Melisa - http://paperliciousdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/05/score-pal-projects-blog-hop.html
LaurieW - http://www.soapboxcreations.blogspot.com/
Brenda - http://bcraftytoday.blogspot.com/
Carol - http://stampincarol.blogspot.com/
Rita Kegg- http://ritasangels.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-hop-scor-bug.html
Jany - http://stampwithjany.com/
Vicki - http://angelstamper2.blogspot.com/
Bridgett - http://hoosierstamper.blogspot.com/
Allison - http://stampedbyanangel.blogspot.com/2009/04/trio-tutorial-money-holder-business.html
Chris - http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/
Kim - http://angelatmydoor.blogspot.com/
Betty - http://stampinteacher.blogspot.com/2009/04/scor-pal-blog-hop.html
Jamie - http://inkspots101.blogspot.com/2009/05/stamped-teachers-gifts.html