Friday, May 18, 2007

Altered Wood Blocks

Here is a project that I made a while ago that was a lot of fun! These are wood blocks that I bought from Oriental Trading Company and altered. The papers and stamps are all from The Angel Company. The "LOVE" is chipboard that is also available from TAC and I used ink to change the color and then gave it several coats of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel to add dimension and shine.

Here is a close-up photo of one of the blocks. The white swirl is from the TAC "Flourishes" set. That stamp set has so many uses, it is just awesome!! The white dots are made using the Souffle pens--another one of my loves--and the diamonds are from the "Distressed Designs" stamp set.

When you turn the blocks around, they have a Christmas theme and spell "Joy". The paper on this side is from the TAC "Vintage Holiday" paper pack. It has 36 8x8 sheets for only $6.95!

5 comments:

The Art of Cards said...

Where do you come up with all these great ideas?!

Peg said...

Oh WOW! These blocks are simply amazing! Beautiful!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Yeah! I love them! I have a ton a different sized blocks that I'll have to try this with. First I'll have to get them down from the attic. Bummer!
:-)

Bella Rose Creations said...

Those wood blocks are great! I love it that you use TAC stuff (I'm a TAC girl too). So I can actually USE your ideas instead of trying to figure out the equivalent stuff from TAC.

Heidi said...

Those Love blocks are gorgeous! I love the distressed look! Very very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...