Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Library Pocket Cards & Gallery by Stamp Set

Want a creative card for a new baby, birthday or wedding?

Try a library pocket card!

There are templates all over the internet of pockets that you can cut & fold yourself or you can buy pockets premade (TAC carries some too!!). For this card, I used a template that I downloaded
here. I printed the pattern onto a scrap piece of paper and used it as a diagram when I cut the cardstock for my pocket. (Note: There are other versions of the library pocket that require less cutting.)

After I folded the card, I used Designer Dries Clear glue (also sold by TAC) to adhere the card together. If you look closely at the pocket, you will see two watermarks of snails. This is one of my favorite techniques! Take your VersaMark pad and your stamp of choice. Ink your stamp and on cardstock with a white core, stamp your image. The cardstock that I used is in the TAC catalog and is by DCWV. LOVE this paper!! You will not be able to see your image at this point. After you have stamped your image, take a sanding block and lay it on your paper flat. Then, using a circular motion, begin "sanding" your image and watch your image POP out! So much fun!!


The paper that I used on the flap of the pocket is A Little Whimsy by TAC. It is an 8x8 pad of 36 pieces of paper for only $6.95.

For the tag part of the card, I used several layers. The bottom is white cardstock and a piece of TAC's A Little Whimsy paper is on top of that. The library card template is one that I printed from the computer and then stamped the image on top of and then matted it with a piece of yellow cardstock. The stork and the words "Special Delivery" are images from the "So Sweet" set. It is an adorable set! The snail on the pocket is also from this set. I colored the stork in using aquacolor crayons and a dove blender.

Last, by not least, I added ribbons on the pocket & at the top of the tag to finish it off.

Most of the items used to make this card can be purchased from the TAC catalog, through me. Let me know if I can help you!
**Gallery by Stamp Set Added**

I am excited to be able able to say that I have started my gallery by stamp set!! So, if you are looking for an idea using a particular stamp set, try looking at the left hand side of my blog. You will see links for various items and after the blog archives, you will see a heading called "TAC Samples by Set". Not only will you find samples using the stamp sets, but some of the paper packs as well! I also hope to add a technique & product gallery of some sort where you can view samples that were made using aquacolor crayons, chalk, VersaMark and other products & techniques.
If you don't find the stamp set that you are looking for samples for, try looking for a set that is similar that you could get ideas from. Or, let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I can come up with for you!
Thanks for taking the time to visit this blog!

3 comments:

Vicki Hook said...

OMG! I LOVE your library/pocket card! Super cute! And WOW, your list of samples by set! I've been wanting to dive in to that. Was it very time consuming? I don't even know how to do it, haven't checked in to it yet. And I looked through several of your samples. They link to ASB but I sure don't remember seeing some of them. They're great! Keep up the great work! :o)
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Wow Jen! You have been busy. The gallery looks great. I love the pocket card. I'm going to have to give this a try.

Keep up the great work!

Sarah said...

I like your library pocket! Very cute. I just saw your comment on my blog and I posted pics of projects from my stamp camp. I'm still new to the blogging and I'm still tweaking my site. I'm starting a list of fav blogs and added yours...is this o.k.? You do nice work. See you around.

Sarah

Also...I like your idea of listing samples by set...I'm constantly wondering how other people use sets that I have. I may have to add that to my site as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...