Friday, November 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink November Blog Hop


Welcome to the November PTI Blog Hop!

Our challenge this month was to make a card based on this inspiration photo.


Here is the card I made based on that gorgeous photo.


I kept the focus very simple. 


I loved the home spun feel from the photo and so I used the "Stitches & Swirls" set to add that homey feel into my card.  Then after I stamped the leaf images, I stamped over them with one of the "Background Basics: Circles" stamps in VersaMark.  LOVE how this looks!  Then, I used one of the small dots from the circle set to add berries throughout the green piece.


The holly was cut out using a Lil' Inker Designs die...love that die!  The letters were cut out from the PTI Block Alphabet dies and I can tell that that will be a die I use over and over and over again.  It is hard to see but I used the Vineyard Impression Plate on the white background and the Linen Impression Plate on the green piece after I had finished stamping all of the elements.

Thank you for stopping by today! If you braved the crowds and went out shopping today, I hope you had a very successful trip!  If you would like to see all of the other projects on this blog hop, be sure to visit Nichole's blog!


Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Stitches & Swirls, BB: Circles 
Paper: DCWV Glitter Pack, PTI New Leaf, White
Ink: Pure Poppy, Snow White, VersaMark
Dies: PTI Block Alphabet, Pinking Shears Border, Lil' Inker Designs Holly Jolly, PTI Vineyard & Linen Impression Plate
Other: Pop Dots, Hobby Lobby Sequin Trim

22 comments:

Deb said...

Great card! Love how you used the alpha die and added Stitches & Swirls for the homey feel of your card. TFS!

Kara said...

so fun and festive!!

Gayatri said...

Love the sequin and the glittery pinking edge. Lovely card, Jen!

Cathy Weber said...

Jen, this is so pretty and you nailed the homey feel to the inspirational photo. Stitches and swirls was the perfect choice to use too. Gorgeous.

Joyce said...

What a fun card. And, how fun for me to see some of the new products in action on a card. My package is still somewhere, but not with me! I really like that Stitches and Swirls as a background.

jen said...

this is great! when I first saw it I thought that was patterned paper!! :D

Suzanne Russell said...

Delightful! I love the way you incorporated so many of the new supplies! Great job! :)

Gina said...

Such a great card. I love all the details (and that you got to use all your new goodies!!) And I really love the sequin detail.

Julie said...

Great card. I love the letters but the alphabet die is out of stock!!! Love your background.

Ally said...

Oh, Jen - I just love this card. I love your use of the new products, especially the stitches and swirls, it's so delightful. and that pinking edge at the bottom with the sequin trim is brilliant! After seeing your beautiful card, I am even more excited to have a chance for playing with my new PTI supplies! Really lovely card, Jen. ;-)

Terri said...

Very nice, Love your use of the stitch stamps and the letter dies too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card, I love the stiched look.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful and I the sequences across the bottom is just the right touch. Love this Jen!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Jen!

Elena said...

love your stamped background! and those glittery letters are fantastic!

Maggy_Tronche said...

Super cute card! Love it! Thanks for sharing! Hugs.. Maggy :)

Laurie said...

Jen this is so cute! I adore that stitches set and really think it is so you!! Love the glittery holly too!

Karen C. said...

I love the layering of stamps for the background ... great idea. The holly berries and leaf accent and the die cut 'JOY' are great additions too!!

Kim Heggins said...

Too cute of a card. Just adorable.

Lindsay said...

So fun and festive Jen! Love the stamping on pp!

kasia c. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. The layreing of stamps on your background is just perfection. :)

p.s. Happy belated Birthday!!

Amy Kolling said...

Jen, I love your use of the stitches set and it's growing on me! I love the berries you added along with the festive holly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...