Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lil' Inker Designs Release: Holly Jolly


Welcome to Day #1 of the Holiday Release for Lil' Inker Designs!  You are in store for some great new products that I know you are going to LOVE!!  If you are following along with today's hop, you should have come from Ariana's blog!

There are prizes available this week too!! Just comment on the blogs each day and you will be entered into a drawing for two $10 store credits to Lil' Inker Designs!
Today's sets that we are revealing are called "Holly Jolly Dies" and "Holly Jolly Sentiments" and they are a set of fabulous and fun dies plus a sentiment set that coordinates! 



I've had so much fun playing with this die set (you will see the sentiment set used in my post on Thursday)!  For today's project I wanted to share an easy Christmas table decoration idea.  I hope you don't mind, but I do have quite a few pictures in this post!


Here's what the complete place setting looks like.


Years ago I created some candles for Christmas decorations using upside down glass goblets.  I still put them out from year to year.  This year I decided I wanted to update the look because I love the idea so much and thought that these LID products were the perfect way to decorate the glasses!

First, I headed off to my local Goodwill store.  I scored big time!! I got each of these glasses for 49 cents each!  They had lots to choose from but I fell in love with the design of the glass on each of these and thought that they made a perfect pair!


To create this look, I first wrapped The Twinery's Butercream twine around the stems and used a little dab of hot glue to secure it.  Then, I die cut 2 of the holly leaves from the new Holly Jolly die set out of a nice green felt and cut the berries from a pink/mauve felt.  I then stitched French knots into each berry with DMC floss from my stash and also stitched a line down each of the holly leaves.  I tied the stem with DMC floss to accent the colors more.





This gives you a side view.


Here is the place card.  I created this the exact same way I did on the goblet stems only this time I used the smallest holly & berry die cuts and placed them on top of the Twinery twine.


I also created a simple napkin ring.  I cut a strip of ivory cardstock and wrapped it around the napkin.  Then, I wrapped the twine & floss around it and added the holly leaves.



Here's one more look at the grouping.  I think that these would look great on a table set for Christmas!  And really they are simple to make! 

Thank you for joining me today on the Holiday Release blog hop! Your next stop on this hop is our new LID team member, Jen del Muro!

Be sure to stop by the Lil' Inker Designs store and pick up your own set of these fabulous dies!  Also, stop by the Lil' Inker Designs blog each day this week to begin the blog hop for that day!  You won't want to miss all of the fun creations that the design team has put together!

Have a great day and enjoy the rest of the hop!

29 comments:

jen said...

what a great idea! Love those cute dies too!!! :)

Amy Kolling said...

I just about died when I saw this super creative use of the new dies in the group folder! Beautiful place setting down to even the details on the placecard. Now if we actually had a sit down Christmas dinner where I could decorate just like this!!! LOL
Can't wait to see what else you have in store! :)

kasia c. said...

Jen, these are absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Heidi said...

WOW this is just gorgeous and who wouldn't want to come to your house to eat if you set it with all this much flare!

Houses Built of Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! What a wonderful way to decorate a table!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Laura Pryor said...

Jen!!! SQUEEEEE!!! You've done it again, Crafty Lady!! This is totally AMAZING! My favorite part is the place card because I love the use of 2 different colors of felt for the holly leaves. That's brilliant. I also think the twine you've stitched down the center of the holly when cut with felt truly truly adds a fabulous touch. This is just amazing and something your fans and LID's will ADORE!

shescrafty said...

Such a great idea!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Emily Leiphart said...

Squeee!!! Jen, your place setting decor is incredible. The colours are stunning and I love how you accented each piece of the felt with embroidery floss!

Nancy L. said...

everything is beautiful, fun color combo!!

mitz said...

...this is such an elegant project.. you surely did a wonderful job wtg
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

Alicia said...

That pink is fabulous... such a sweet touch to Christmas decor! Great, wonderful, fabulous idea too!

April said...

Cute!! What a great project!

Lindsay said...

So lovely Jen! LOVE the little berries and leaves and the adorable place card!

Dana said...

utterly gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Great way to dress up the holiday table!

Emily Keaton said...

What a super cute idea!! I love how the felt looks die cut like that. Sweet!

Leanne said...

Wow! Love this idea. Fabulous!

Nona said...

Wonderful decorating idea! Love how you added stitching to the felt holly leaves and berries :)

Babe O'Mara said...

What beautiful place settings you created. Just lovely. I like the ideaabout the upside down glasses too. Must remember that.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

reeree62 said...

Very, very cute & clevahh!

Karen Day said...

So, so pretty! I love the pink & green colour combo.

Jen M said...

STUNNING!! Oh my gosh, I love your table decor!

mary said...

FANTASTIC! What a cute idea, really pretty...thanks

Susan said...

Oooh! I just love how you've used these holly dies. Your candle holder idea with upturned goblets is brilliant! The look of the candle holders, place cards and napkin rings ties the whole look together beautifully. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Lisa Petrella said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Jen!!! LOVE your color choices and all of the little details you included!!

Tameko said...

Fabulous table decor. So nice to use crafting supplies in home decor.

Annette Allen said...

I love it... so sweet and fun..
thanks for sharing..

Veronica said...

Oh wow , SUPER CUTE.

Tania said...

Just gorgeous. Love how creative you were with the Holly Jolly die set.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...