Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Playing With Patterns


Today I found myself taking a little time and playing with different patterns.  For this card I put 2 of the stamps from "Distressed Stripes" and one of the stamps from "Polka Dot Basics" on a block and then stamped the bottom half of the card in Vintage Cream ink.  Then, I took the outline circles and went back in and stamped in Hawaiian Shores ink.  It was fun to mix the patterns.


I used a piece of PTI's new patterned paper "Green Boutique" under the ribbon.  I stamped part of the "Fillable Frames 2" frame at the top first in Vintage Cream and then in Aqua Mist on top of that and I kind of like how that looks.  The pearls are from Basic Grey and the sentiment is from the PTI "Butterfly Dreams" set. 

Isn't that paper just gorgeous?  I really, really like it!

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope that you have a wonderful day!

17 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Love that you are combining sets with Distressed stripes! Cute card!

Erica said...

I like how you did the outline of the polka dot in blue!

pattylt said...

Wow, you did some awesome stamping. I love how clean and simple this card came out but I know that was quite a bit of stamping involved! Great card and love how it came out.

Dana said...

Oooh, the outlined circles are awesoem and really bring out the HS color. Very simple and pretty Jen.

Daniela F. said...

Hi jennifer! First of all, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me your sweet comments :) I'm so glad I could finally take the time to read through your blog. Your creations are amazing!! So colorful and happy - I love it and will come back often for inspiration! Dana x

Emma said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your sweet words over at my place. I am so glad you popped by as I get to come over to your lovely blog.

Great card today - love the subtle colours and pretty bow :D

Have a great day,

Emma x

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I love the way you created that background. The colors are perfect. Nice job.

BethieJ said...

I LOVE it!! The stripes and dots are PERFECT together!

Janice McDonald said...

I love it...simply beautiful and original...Kudos to you!!!!

Anika said...

Jen!! I LOVE that pattern you made...love, love, love how it's all white and then just has that little pop of HS around the polka dots! I'm beginning to think the PDB1 needs to go in my cart this month!

Unknown said...

This is a great use of patterns! The cards is lovely.

Robyn said...

I love dots and stripes!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wonderful card! Love how you used the background patterns.

Anonymous said...

Oh I really love the polka dots with the stripes! Nice job, you card is great!

Laurie said...

So fun! What a great card! I love that kraft and vintage cream!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this! You certainly are creative, your cards always surprise and delight me :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh, this is fantastic!!! Love the colors!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...