Friday, April 23, 2010

Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #1

**This is my second post for the day.  Please scroll down to see a post using a couple of PTI's newest stamp sets!**

The new PTI blog group that I joined, Papertrey Paper Dolls, is having our first challenge this week!  It is a sketch by my friend Laurie and it is a fun one!  If you would like to play along, be sure to link your card to the blog post!  We'd love to see what you create!

Here's the sketch (that I turned on it's side):


Here's what I did with the sketch:


This is from the new PTI Anniversary Set called "Round & Round".  It's so cute...and it was free so that makes it even better!!  Isn't that woodgrain background so cool! I just love it!  And, that "Dotty Biscotti" paper?  Oh yum!!



I cut the bird with my cricut on patterned paper.  I know, kind of lazy since it is a tiny bird, but I HATE to cut things out! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Round & Round
Paper:  Kraft, Rustic White, Raspberry Fizz, Dotty Biscotti
Ink: Palette Landscape & Noir
Other:  PTI Buttons, Tan Scrapper's Floss, Pop Dots, PTI Woodgrain Impressions Plate, circle punch, cricut

19 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Great take on the sketch....especially like how you turned it on the other side!! I thought about using the mat stack die in place of a oval too! Great mind think alike! hehe

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Nice card, Jen! I was going to use the same image, but didn't want to cut out the bird either! Using the Cricut was a smart thing to do. Like how you turned the sketch around.

Laurie said...

OHHHHH Jen! LOVE it! Love that Dotty Bis! Super cute!

Danielle said...

Oh, I love this card. The woodgrain impression looks great cut with the mat stack die!

Unknown said...

such a beautiful card, the sketch is really fun and you did a very beautiful job, pattern paper looks really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty Jen! Love your use of the anniversary set, dont you just love it!!!

Barb said...

This is so cute! LOVE the color combo & how the birdie is popped up :)

Sara Mac said...

Great card Jen. I like how you turned the sketch on it's side. Love the woodgrain embossing.

Diane Jaquay said...

Really pretty Jen! Love all the dimension you created on this card!

Lindsay said...

OH MY WORD JEN! You are forcing me to buy this paper, you know that right? Seriously, I love the card :0)

Lee Anne said...

Oh, you have some new PTI goodness and it is working for you! I like how you flipped the sketch!

Sue Ann said...

GREAT JOB on the sketch ........ i am going to try to join your challenge this time because I really like the sketch. Perfect use of the woodgrain too ......

Katie said...

Love it! The woodgrain texture on the mat stack id pefect for the little bird in the tree! I had to laugh when I saw your card though...same focal image on the mat stack that I used for the sketch (haven't blogged it yet though). ;)

Mrs. Cunningham said...

Very creative! I just got my new PTI haul, so I'm excited to play!

Sarah G. said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card!!

Anika said...

Love it, Jen! Funny, I used that Dotty Biscotti paper and my woodgrain plate too! Great minds think alike!

Dana said...

I don't even know what to say except for...gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Oooooh, I love the colors and how they pop. What a great idea to turn the sketch. I love this card!

Banu said...

Beautiful card. I wanna try and do this sketch as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...