Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lift-the-Flap

Don't you just love reading lift-the-flap books?  It's always so much fun to find the hidden surprise behind the flap!  It doesn't matter how many times you open that flap, it is still fun!

I was playing around with some scraps and "accidently" discovered a fun idea on my table!  A lift-the-flap card!  Take a look!


This is a stamp set that I think might be retired now from "The Angel Company".  I thought that the whale looked great with the paper since the paper had a little bit of an oceany feel to it. 


You probably guessed from my teaser above that that flap was going to open right?  But, what a fun surprise to have an extra flap to open!  I am just thrilled with this idea and the possibilities it holds!


And yep, the card still opens.  I know, the inside is still boring except for that patterned paper, but I didn't have a good sentiment for the inside yet...still working on that one. :)

Hope you enjoyed another trip down memory lane as we reminisce once again on childhood memories.  Thanks again for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Fishy Friends TAC
Paper: Cosmic Cricket, Kraft, PTI Ocean Tides
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Tea Dye Duo, Champagne VersaMark, Burnt Umber Palette
Other:  Twine, EK Success Border Punch

24 comments:

Chris said...

Very clever and I love the way these papers look together. :)

Laurie said...

So cute! Great colors too!

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a fun card, Jennifer.

Bonita Rose said...

very very cute!!!

Amy Kolling said...

What a cute card!! This is still a favorite TAC stamp set of mine!!

Val said...

How cute is that! I love the little whale.

Val said...

How cute is that! Love the little whale.

Anonymous said...

This is so clever! I love the idea of a flap with the sentiment underneath! Very cute!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so cool! So cute and clever!

C Stephens said...

Love the whale and the flap!

Ellie said...

OH how sweet :)

AmethystCat said...

cute, cute - love the flap!

Sue Ann said...

cute cute cute!!!!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Oh, for cute!!!

Barbara said...

How totally fun!

Sherry said...

That is so cool!! Great card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card with the little added interest on top!

Lori said...

So cute and so creative!!! How fun!

Courtney Baker said...

WOw such a cool idea! Love it!

Katie said...

So cute! Love the way that works!

Sally Watkins said...

The flap is a great addition to your card. love the color combo, too. Thanks for stopping by Asleep on the Couch. Good luck with the Floral Fusion blog candy.

Dana said...

How did I miss this! It's super clever and cute Jen! I used to buy stamps form TAC all the time...you've inspired me to get some of them out...

Diane Jaquay said...

This is adorable Jen! Don't think I've EVER made an interactive card, love looking at them though ;)

Bridgett Owens said...

I think this is a really great card. What a fun idea to make a lift-the-flap card! Thank you for sharing!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...