Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Stamping with Water & Distress Oxide Inks (Video) 3

Hello Friends!  Today I have a technique to share with you on using water to stamp with Distress Oxide Inks.

Jen Carter Ferris Wheel Ticket Sun bday

For the card above, I used Frantic Stamper's new Sun Rays 6x6 Background Rubber Stamp to create the yellow sunny background.  It is easy to do (video tutorial below) and fun to see the results!  The ink I used for this card was Catherine Pooler's Tiara (dye ink) in the middle and Distress Oxide Ink Spiced Marmalade.  I blended those colors onto the background and then "inked" my rubber stamp up with water.  Yes...water!  Then I stamped and this is the result that you get!


I used the Ferris Wheel die for the main image.  I love that the little chairs are a separate die so that it is easy to mix & match!  I die cut the tickets with the new Tickets die.  A fun feature to this die is that it perforates in between each ticket so you can tear the tickets off to make an even more realistic looking ticket.  I stamped the sentiment with the new clear Life is a Carnival Stamp Set.  

To see how easy it is to make a background like this, please view my video below.


I hope that the video helps to show how easy it is to create your own unique backgrounds!

Jen Carter Sun Ray Carnival Tickets 1

Here is a card I made using one of the backgrounds you saw in the video.  For this one I used Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet & Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Inks and water.  I again die cut the Tickets die in three different colors and stamped the sentiment and outline with the Life is a Carnival Stamp Set.

Jen Carter Sun Ray Carnival Tickets Closeup

When the background was dry, I added part of the Carnival Skyline as a silhouette in black. The Ticket Booth was fun to put together mixing and matching different bright carnival like colors. The little purple star banner was stamped with the new clear Circus Stamp Set.  I added glitter enamel dots on the ticket canopy to look like lights

Be sure to check out the entire new line of Frantic Stamper's 6x6 red rubber background stamps!  You can see them all HERE.  And, if you'd like to check out the Distress Oxide Inks you can find those in the Frantic Stamper store too.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...