Saturday, February 13, 2016

Guess How Much?


Frantic Stamper is having another new release and this one is Easter themed. Products are currently available for pre-order here and will ship on February 15th.  You can see a video with all of the products from this release and also a sneak peek of several more of my projects that I'll be showcasing soon on my blog on Frantic Stamper's new YouTube channel.  

I wanted to share with you my favorite card that I made with the release items.  One of my favorite books to read to my kids is "Guess How Much I Love You".  When I first saw some of the bunnies from this release it immediately made me think of the book and I wanted to recreate a scene from it.  The theme of the card will work great for Valentine's Day or for a child or for a baby card too.

Jen Carter Bunnies Love Moon Back

I started by watercoloring the background on a piece of watercolor paper that I had die cut with the Elementals 1 Panel die.  

Jen Carter Bunnies Love Moon Back Closeup 2

I made sure to leave space at the top of my panel to stamp my sentiment which is from a stamp set that I can't seem to put down called Sentiments from Space.  It worked perfectly for what I was trying to accomplish by tying the card in with the book.  I also added the stamped image of the moon from the same set.

Jen Carter Bunnies Love Moon Back Closeup 1 

I die cut the larger bunny with the new Assorted Bunnies die set.  There were 5 bunnies to choose from in this set but this one was the best to replicate the book cover.  I then die cut one of the small bunnies from the Bunnies Confetti die set.  To color the bunnies, I use a white gel pen for the tummies and tail and watercolor paints for the pink ears.  I inserted black cardstock for the largest bunnies eye and used a black pen to color his nose.  For the smallest bunny I used a black pen for the nose & eye.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!


Supplies
Stamps: Frantic Stamper Sentiments from Space
Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Avery Elle Mimosa
Paper: Watercolor, Pebbles Spring Fling, PTI Kraft
Other: Artist's Loft Fundamentals Watercolors, MISTI

1 comment:

Michelle said...

A-dorable..... a perfect interpretation of a favorite book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...