Hey everyone! Today I have a card to share that I started months & months ago! It originally didn't turn out how I wanted it to and then I was stuck so I set it aside. Recently I finally figured out how to finish it! :)
When the Birthday Large Word die from Clearly Whimsy first came out one of the first things I did was cut it a whole bunch of times in different colored cardstock. My idea was then to cover it with vellum and add sequins to make a shaker panel. And it looked really cool! BUT...I made my vellum all wrinkled by the time I sewed all of the way to the end. :( I was SO sad that I had spent all of that time on the card for it to be wrecked. I pulled the vellum off and was left with no ideas to finish it.
When I went back to it a few weeks ago, I ended up kind of liking how the vellum was torn around the edges, almost like a present had been unwrapped so I kept that part of the card intact. Later I went in and added the little flags that I stamped the sentiment and decorations on from the Birthday Balloon set. I finished it off by adding some enamel dots in fun colors.
So sometimes a card can be salvaged even when it feels hopeless! :)
Thanks for stopping by!