Monday, October 20, 2014

Making the Most of the Negative

Happy Monday!  I have another fall card to share today.  This one uses what would be considered the "negative" pieces from the die cut and a fun fall color theme.

Chevron Congrats red

I started with a kraft card base and layered a polka dotted patterned paper with dimensionals on top of it.  Then, I layered a piece of vellum on top of that.  I used the Frantic Stamper Ombre Card Panel Die to cut the chevrons out of 4 different pieces of patterned paper (I only used a small section of each paper and didn't cut out the full dies worth to save paper).  I also cut one full piece of cardstock with the die and used it as my guide for where I would place the chevron pieces.  When picking patterns to use together, I often find that if you use papers from the same paper pad, they will most likely work well together.  The guess work has already been done for you!

I laid my full cardstock card panel die cut on top of the vellum but didn't adhere it because I would be removing it after all of the chevron pieces were adhered.  This is the piece acting as a guide or stencil.  I put adhesive on the back of the chevron piece and then placed each piece where I wanted it.  When each chevron had been placed, I removed my guide and set it aside for a later project.  

Chevron Congrats red Closeup

Next, I layered another piece of vellum over the bottom portion of the chevron card.  I folded the vellum around to the backside of my card panel so that I wouldn't have to worry about the adhesive showing through.  I die cut the "Congrats" from the Accolades die set in a coordinating piece of paper (I used the same pattern as the top 2 rows of chevron to tie it all together).  I also die cut the congrats in 2 pieces of a coordinating cardstock and adhered them all together to add dimension and contrast.  I love how you can see the coral peeking out from underneath the sentiment.  

Chevron Congrats red Side

I die cut two butterflies from the Petite Butterflies die set, adhered them together and added a sequin in the middle and adhered it to my card.

I'm entering this card in the Color Throwdown Challenge #314.


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supplies not listed above;
Patterned Paper: Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm
Sequin: Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Berry Sorbet

2 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Adorable card! Love those chevrons!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Amy Kolling said...

yep.....these are definitely on my "list"! So glad you found this color combo because I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...