Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Smile!

I can't tell you how excited I am to be posting today!  I've been keeping a secret and today I get to share it! I am going to be guest designing with the Frantic Stamper design team for several months.  You can see the announcement here.  Yippee!! To say I'm in love with their exclusive dies just wouldn't quite sum up how much I adore the collection!  They are wonderful!  When I first saw them in Fran's store I was immediately drawn to them!  I can't wait to share what I've been working on!

So here we go!

Diagonal Smile

Oh boy!  I was tickled pink when I first put my eyes on this card panel die!  To create the background of this card I used Frantic Stampers Alternating Diagonal Card Panel die.  Yeah, so this die is wonderful!! Can you imagine the background designs you could create with this?  I'm dreaming of colors and patterns right now! 

Diagonal Smile Closeup

I am drawn to camera images, and camera dies are just icing on the cake!  I love this little camera die that is included in the Frantic Stamper Instant Camera 3x4 Photo Card dies set.  It is so adorable!  I die cut the camera once in cream cardstock and then a second time in gold cardstock.  It adds the classy details while still keeping the focus on the camera.  The smile die (isn't the size of this one perfect!) from the Frantic Stamper Diagonal Stripes 3x4 Photo Card is also cut from gold cardstock.  

Diagonal Smile Side

To create the bokeh-like effect that you sometimes get with photography I punched several sizes of circles from vellum and added a few clear sequins.  I really like the end result!

I'm entering this card in the Cutting Edge Challenge #6!  The inspiration I took from Amy's challenge card was the layout of the card being focused on the left side of the card, using vellum, the "striped" piecing and my sentiment placement.  I also used the colors in the Amy's card scheme but in a darker color family.


I'm also entering this in the Moxie Fab Clicking Cameras Challenge!

Thank you so much for visiting today!  I'd LOVE to hear what you think of these dies!  Have you seen them before?  Do you LOVE them like I do?  I can't wait to share more with you!

Here are the Frantic Stamper dies that I've used on this card: 




Please stop by Frantic Stamper to see the complete lines of products that are carried!  I think you'll be glad you did!

Frantic Stamper Links:
Frantic Stamper Online Store
Frantic Stamper Precision Dies Direct Link
Frantic Stamper Blog
Frantic Stamper Facebook Page

6 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

OMG!!! I must have this die! This is seriously my favorite card EVER from you!!!!! I just love the retro colors paired with the diagonal panels!!! You must bring this to the retreat!!!!!

Unknown said...

Jen, love your color scheme! I love inlay work and do lots of it! Congratulations on being our guest designer!

melania deasy said...

In love with this card!! The colors just made me happy and I love how you combine it all!! Thank you for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge :)

Lyndal said...

This would be perfect for the current Moxie Fab Camera Icon Challenge :)

Beverley said...

Love the inlayed die cut BG - stunning! Hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen! This is GORGEOUS! I love what you did!

Thanks for linking it up to the Moxie Fab World Challenge!

Teri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...