Thursday, July 10, 2014

Butterfly Love

Hey everyone!  We are a little over halfway done with a busy week of Vacation Bible School!  We are having a great time but boy do I go home tired!  LOL!  I'm out of my routine and feeling it!  I am in charge of the KidVid Cinema for our Weird Animals VBS theme.  It's been a lot of fun seeing all of the kids this week and teaching them about Jesus!

I wanted to stop in and share a card I made way back for the Lil' Inker Designs March release!  I know...March, and can you believe that this isn't the only one I haven't shared with you yet? :)  I think that this was actually the first card I made for that release.

Jen Carter Butterflies Layered 1.1

I love, love the Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Butterflies dies!  For this card I used all FIVE dies included in this set.  The sentiment is from Spring Sentiments and I embossed it in white.

Jen Carter Butterflies Layered Closeup


I started the butterflies by cutting out the largest butterfly from my Echo Park Splendid Sunshine patterned paper pack.  Then, I die cut the three smaller butterflies from the same paper pack.  I used my sewing machine to stitch them together and make a butterfly body.  I left short tails for the butterfly antennas.  I also used the butterfly trail die that is included as well.  Don't you just love how these dies cut the stitching into both sides of the image!  Such a great detail!  

Well, time to get on to my next project for the day!  Hope you have a wonderful day!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty, Jen!

Becky Carafa said...

Awesome awesome use of the dies!

Diane Jaquay said...

Totally FABULOUS!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous, Jen!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Bold, bright and beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...