Check out my stamps for sale by clicking the "Stamps for Sale" tab above!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day Celebration!

Welcome to Mother' Day Celebration with The Twinery!  My mom is such a special lady and I try each year to find a special way to honor her on the day dedicated especially to her, Mother's Day.  Today, I have a card and a package to share with you in honor of Mom's special day!

Mom Day Front

I wanted to create a very feminine card for my mom so I pulled out several sheets of patterned paper with girly colors and made sure Mom was front & center.  I love this mom die from Lil' Inker Designs! It really keeps the focus on where I want it to be and the font is gorgeous (not to mention that it cuts out a cute heart shape for the "o"!)


I created a window card and used two different colors of twine from The Twinery to add a feminine accent to the front of the card.  I used the new Solid Natural & Blossom Iridescent Shimmer for my bow.  Can you see the sparkle from the shimmer twine.  Swoon!!  I love those shimmer twines so much!


Here is the card when it is opened.

Mom Day Box Front

Now for her gift I wanted to create a special package.  I took a white cardboard box that I had purchased and decorated it up.  I used another new twine love, Rainbow Teal Shimmer, and used it to "anchor" the mom diecut on both sides of the box.  I added a Stitched Scallop Border under the mom to ground it.  


I punched a hole with a hole punch (squeeze really hard and it will go through, but if you have trouble, use a paper piercing tool instead) in each side of the box's lid and tied the twine through the hole.  I knotted the twine on the back side of the lid so that it wouldn't pull through and this created a nice, clean look on the front of the box.  


For my "mom" diecut, I also die cut it out of chipboard so that the twine wouldn't tear through the paper as it was holding onto the m's.  


I decorated a trendy wood chip butterfly with my twine as well.  I used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the center of the wood butterfly, colored the butterfly white & then stamped the text with gray ink.  When the ink was dry, I threaded the Blossom Iridescent Shimmer twine through the hole in the butterfly and left antennas at the top. 

The decorated box really adds a special touch to my Mother's Day gift.  I'll have to show you later when is inside the box, but I can't spoil the surprise for my mom yet! 

Thank you for joining me for a Mother's Day Celebration with The Twinery.  Be sure to stop by The Twinery's blog to see all of the other fabulous Mother's Day ideas this week!



Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery
"Mom" die: Lil' Inker Designs
Stitched Scallop Border Die: Lil' Inker Designs
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Vintage Bliss, Lily Bee Design Head Over Heels, Glitz Hello Friend


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the positive and negative images! Awesome project/card Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Jen! All the patterns are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your comments so much! Have a great day!