Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lil' Inker Designs Holiday Release Wrap-Up


Welcome back!! I certainly hope that you have enjoyed this Lil' Inker Designs release week!! Have you been inspired by all the fun new products and samples you've seen?  Today is a wrap up post and the design team are all sharing projects made with these new products.  If you are following along in the hop, you should have come from  Julie Ranae's blog!

Now I get to share with you my favorite card I made with these products!


This was the first thing I made when I got these new dies in the mail!  I love, love that the letters are separate so that the dies cut each letter individually!



And that darling little bell!!  It is such a cute little die!  I love that it is two pieces for added dimension and that all those tiny, delicate pieces are cut out as well!  So cute!

How about one more?


I used a fun color combination with this card...one that I happen to love!!

I used a glue pen to add the glitter to the snow drifts.  The star on the decorated tree was cut with the fringe flower die out of origami paper!  Yep! Origami paper!! The thing I like about using that die with that paper is that the paper is so much thinner than cardstock and so it is super easy to roll and not as stiff.  You'll have to give that a try!  I found my origami paper at Hobby Lobby and got a pack of 100 assorted colors for $4.99 (plus 40% off with a coupon). 

The surprise to this card is when you open it.


The recipient will find a 3D tree!


To create this, I cut 3 of the Christmas tree dies and then glued them together.  Isn't the dashed lines around the tree such a great detail! I love how these dies were designed!

Thank you SO MUCH for joining the Lil' Inker Design Team for this Holiday Release Blog Hop!!  Be sure to continue on by visiting Emily Leiphart's blog next! She is always full of creative and inspiring ideas!  And, of course, these products can all be found at the Lil' Inker Designs store!  Be sure to check them out!

As for myself, I am off to the Women of Faith conference in Oklahoma City!  The down side...I have to get up at 4:15 AM.  I don't do the 4's very well.  As a matter of fact, I don't do the 5:00's or 6:00's too well either.  I hope I can stay awake for the conference!  I am looking forward to a great time with a great group of women though and am most excited about the worship time!  I hope you enjoy your weekend too!  Thanks for visiting!


Supplies
Joy Card
Cardstock:  Happy Go Lucky Lime Twist by My Mind's Eye, PTI Autumn Rose, Rustic White, Aqua Mist & Smokey Shadow
Felt: PTI Autumn Rose
Other:  Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, PTI Mat Stack 4 Die

Happy Holidays Tree Card
Lil' Inker Designs (LID) Products:  Holly Jolly Die & Stamp Set & Fringe Flower Die
Cardstock:  Happily Lost by Lily Bee Design, Country Drive by Echo Park, Aqua Mist PTI
Ink:  true Black PTI, VersaMark
Other:  Trim, Origami Paper, Pop Dots, Glitter, Glue Pen

23 comments:

Karen Day said...

Two very fun, bright cards! The little tree in the middle is such a cute idea :o)

Susan said...

What happy and colourful cards -- I really like the unexpected colours. Love these trees!

Emily Leiphart said...

Stunning cards, Jen!! I love the use of the negative on the first card (the felt bell makes me swoon) and the pop-up tree on the inside of the second is incredible!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are AWESOME!!! LOVE that 3-D tree inside the card!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Chunyuan said...

gorgeous holiday cards. so many great ideas here. thanks for the inspiration.

Lynn said...

Hey Jen! Hope you have a great time at your conference! I'm off on a scrapping weekend. Safe travels!

And..love your cards..the felt on the jingle bell and the stripes are my favorite!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Oooh! Look at those stripes behind the letters! I love it.

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, Jen! I love love love the pretty focal image on this card. I just love the colors you chose! The pop up tree is just a super idea! It gives me a great idea for a 3-D tree on a card or tag!! Lovely work!!

Christina said...

Jen, these are fantastic! The felt bell, the 3D tree, and the non-traditional colors are just perfect. I especially love the colored stripes behind the letters on your first card!

Sue D said...

Very cute cards--love the colors and your surprise tree on the inside.

Jen M said...

Love your cards - I totally dig Christmas cards in fun colors!!
Jen
Jmueller409 at yahoo dot com

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so amazing... I LOVE IT
thanks for sharing..

Renee said...

LOVE them!
That little tree card with the surprise inside...
precious!!
Fabby, fabby, fabby!

Anonymous said...

Great colors on these. Love the little surprise on the inside!

Tania said...

Love the little 3D tree in the card. So cute.

shescrafty said...

Love your color combinations!! How fun!

Emily Keaton said...

Awwww . . . so adorable! I love the felt jingle bell. :)

Veronica Z said...

Oh my both of your cards are SO darn cute! Love love your design!

Lindsay said...

Such cutie cards Jen! I LOVE the colors and the sparkle on the second one!

Anonymous said...

LOVE these!! :-)

Lee Anne said...

I love the striped paper sticking out from behind your joy! Very cute!

Amy Kolling said...

Where did my comment go? LOL Well, I THOUGHT I had commented on this :) Anyway, that striped paper behind the JOY letters is so bright and cheery! And your 3D tree? fun idea to have it pop out when you open your card! I definitely need to try the 3D tree! Glad you are back and we can talk again!

Laurie said...

Jen this is adorable! I love the little felt bell and the tree on the inside of the 2nd card! Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...