Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A little Donnerwetter



This is my second post today!  Please scroll down to see my "Just a Note" card from my Stamping Away weekend!

I know what you are thinking.  A little what?  Well, we'll get to that I promise! :)

You all know that I spent the weekend with some great stamping friends Amy, Laurie, Barb & Eva.  I thought that now was the perfect time to share with you about another friend who is also very creative, Kelley! 


But, first, let me tell you a little bit about her.  She was my best friend in High School.  I have so many wonderful memories with her.  We were in newspaper together, yearbook together, forensics together, we were together all the time.  She was Valedictorian, I was Salutatorian.  Growing up we had roller skating parties, New Years Parties, slumber parties, etc.  I first met Kelley in 5th grade when her school combined with our school.  That year we were on and off again friends.  But, after that, the rest is history! :)  I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of us from way back.  (Sorry Kelley!)

This is Halla (our friend & exchange student from Iceland), Kelley & I.

Kelley & I on "Twin Day" our Senior Year.

 Kelley & I performing "There's a Hole in My Bucket" at the High School Variety Show.

Wow!  The memories that those bring back! LOL!!  Good days! :)  Kelley now lives with her husband and son (another baby is on the way!) in Germany.  To say the least we don't see each other often, but it is so fun how the world of blogging and facebook and the Internet in general can keep us in contact.  Kelley recently started a blog with lots of fun craft projects and recipes and I get the honor of sharing it with you!

Here is a little bit more about Kelley and her blog:



Now that I'm a stay at home mom, I finally have time to be creative and I'm loving it. Baby quilts, homemade stuffed animals, mobiles, and more... From sewing my own toys to making my own baby food, I've been very busy. This blog is my way of sharing my ideas with other creative parents and my hope that many of you will share your ideas as well.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with German, the word “Donnerwetter” has two meanings. It’s literal translation is “thunderstorm”, but it is often used as an exclamation – Donnerwetter! - to mean “Oh my goodness”, especially when talking to children. Since my last name is Donner, I found the title very fitting. In other words: things to do on a rainy, thunderstormy, day.

Since all of the crafts, clothing items, and recipes are my own creations, I only post items about 3 times a month. If you are interested in following my blog, just hit subscribe on the top left of the blog and I will send you updates. I love comments and great new ideas and recipes, so please send your thoughts my way.

Thank you for checking out my blog A little Donnerwetter.
I want to share a sneak peek of one of her most recent projects. Hold on because it is a cutie!  Meet floppy dog!


You can see step-by-step directions on her blog here.  Isn't he cute!?  Love him!

Here's another sneak of one of my favorite projects on her blog!  You'll have to check out her post here to see the entire project and get all the details!



Doesn't this look yummy?


That is making me very hungry!! You can find the recipe here.

Please take a moment to visit her blog and give her some love and while you are at it, add her to your reader too so you don't miss out on her fantastic projects and recipes!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Jen I'll have to check out your friends blog.....looks like some cute projects! I LOVE seeing the older pics of you! You are brave to post these.....I'm not sure I'd post pics of me! hehe

Laurie said...

Jen...OMG! How cute! Love seeing those pics of you!

Kristin said...

oh.my.goodness. the pics of you are priceless!! and i love getting new recipes and the pics of her creation (floppy dog) are AWEsOME... thanks for sharing :-)

kasia c. said...

What a great walk down memory lane hey? Its so fabulous that you guys are still friends. :)

I will definately check out her blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...