Friday, January 7, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
I received a fun blog award lately that I wanted to share! It is the Stylish Blogger Award! Thanks so much Christine and Wendy! Be sure to check out their blogs!
Rules that accompany this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to bloggers that you have recently discovered.
8 things about myself:
1. I grew up in Kansas, went to college in Nebraska, moved to Missouri for 5 years with my husband and now we are back in Kansas near where we each grew up!
2. Growing up I wanted to be a teacher or a missionary and am both, just not in a "professional" capacity! LOL!
3. My husband is a pastor.
4. In high school I worked at our small-town grocery store. In college I worked for four years in a library. When I got married, I worked 3 days at Cracker Barrel (but there was no way I could get out of bed at 3:30ish a.m. every morning) and then at a large corporation in the human resources department. When we moved to Kansas City, I was the office manager at Bott Radio Network/KCCV.
5. I hate sandwiches. Everyone always tries to figure out why. It is so Un-American, I know! I don't like lunch meat. At all. I don't like mayonnaise. I don't like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches either. But then again, I don't really care for peanut butter much either. But I DO like hamburgers on buns and hot dogs! (Yes, I am picky!)
6. I love to read and am currently reading a novel by Karen Kingsbury called "Every Now & Then".
7. I was in Forensics in high school. I love to act but it doesn't come as easy to me as it once did.
8. I was sent to the Principal's office twice in high school. The first time was because I wrote my name on a bulletin board that had 1,000ish other names written on it and no "white space" left on it at all. I had to pay to have that old bulletin board replaced. (I still think that was dumb...lol!!) The 2nd time was when the principal told me that I would be the Salutatorian of my Senior class (and yes, I had to give a speech!).
Now I get to share this award with 3 other bloggers whom I have recently discovered!! How fun!!
1. Jean Martin: I just recently discovered her blog and I tell you, I've been missing out!! She does a fabulous job putting together lots of different elements on her cards!! Beautiful work!
2. Kelly S. Gingham Girl: Kelly has so many fun cards on her blog! Check out her recent 2011 Top 10 post to see a sampling of her beautiful work!
3. Debby - Lime Doodle: I can't even tell you how much I love Debby's blog! It was love at first sight! She has the most adorable creations on her blog! Stunning and beautiful work sums them all up!
Make sure to take a look at these blogs and leave them a comment or two (and let them know I sent you!!)
Have a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by!