Friday, October 15, 2010

Ted's Challenge #11: Trick or Treat

So...the ever famous Ted issued a challenge that I had to play along with because it was just too fun and too creative! 

The challenge worked like this.  You had to send him an email.  He would then send an email back to you with the subject either "TRICK!" or "TREAT!"  If he replied with treat, you could create a traditional Halloween card.  If he replied with "TRICK!" then you had to create a Halloween card with NON-traditional images and colors. 
  • Color choices: pastel pink, pastel blue, and/or pastel green.
  • Images: cute birds, puppy dogs, and/or adorable kittens (no black cats allowed!)
Isn't that so fun?  So, I sent Ted an email and I got...TRICK!   Yep.  Had to make a card using cute animals and pastel colors.  What?  LOL!!!  Well, I am very limited on any kind of animal stamp so I had to get very creative.  Here is my card:


At our Stamping Away weekend, Amy brought her My Favorite Things tree die and I loved it!  I used it to make this tree!  I love how it cuts and embosses at the same time!


I used one of the leaf images from "Turning a New Leaf" to stamp the pattern on the leaves.  I really like how that turned out!  I also have to give credit to Amy for the background paper.  She had made a card with this tree die where she used a blue background paper too and I loved how it looked.  I happened to have this paper with me and it worked great!


I had ZERO Halloween sentiments so I went with a generic "hello" but I hope it still can be considered a Halloween card!

This was a TOUGH but fun challenge, Ted! Thanks for hosting!

And thanks to all of you for stopping by today!  I love reading your comments!  Thank you!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Twit Twoo by Kelly Panacci, Turning a New Leaf PTI
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Vintage White, Colorbok Patterned Paper
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush, VersaMark Champagne
Other: Corner Rounder, MFT Tree Die, Pop Dots

14 comments:

Sue Ann said...

FANTASTIC JENN........ I love the tree and the use of the TAL stamp on the leaves ........ stop enabling me with that tree!!!!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE this Jen! What a great card! I might just have to steal some of your ideas! HEE! I just might splurge and get that tree die too!

Keva said...

What a cute card! Love the colors..

Diane Jaquay said...

This is FABULOUS Jen! It's really cute, and I love the background paper you used, and the tree die cuts and embosses at the same time?!! Wow, gotta get me one of those!

Amy Kolling said...

Love this card Jen......and that tree you made. It was a labor of love right? Your pink owl is just the perfect touch of pastel! :)

Eva said...

This is an awesome "trick" card...the detail in the leaves is great. I love this tree...maybe someday I will buy that die too!

Unknown said...

Adorable card and the colors are just perfect! the pattern paper u used is so pretty!

jen said...

Very cute card- that tree is AWESOME!!! :)

Jennifer K said...

Sounds like you really had to stretch your creative muscles on this one, Jen! You did a great job - it's a very cute card.

Ted said...

That little fellow in the tree looks adorably scary and that tree die is VERY intriguing! :) Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with this month's HEC! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Jen, this is fantastic! I love everything from the tree to the leaves, the adorable owl and the background paper. I had no idea that die also embossed. I think yours is the first card I've seen with that detail so thank you for enabling me! ;)

Nerina said...

Ha, ha! Ted's challenge was amazing and you've really rocked it here! I love the tree and the owl in these colours - it's just perfect!

Lisa Petrella said...

Love that tree! Especially the way you stamped up the leaves and then created dimension by popping some of them up!! Great work!

Katie said...

You're so brave to take Ted up on this challenge! You did a fabulous job with it! Not a single Halloween sentiment? I hope you've changed that!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...