Thursday, September 30, 2010

Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #24: Banners Outside the Box

Today is my day to host the Papertrey Paper Dolls challenge #24

Everywhere I look lately it seems that I see banners somewhere and I have to say that I totally LOVE them! I love the different shapes and sizes and the different colors! So, that is what inspired this challenge!

My challenge is to create a card using PTI products that you have and include an "out of the box" banner somewhere on your project! What is an "out of the box" banner? It is a banner that you uniquely create, thinking outside the box, with something that is not originally designed to be a banner! So, take a look at your stamps in a new way! What can you pull out to use as a banner?


I used the Beautiful Blossoms set and coordinating die to create this banner.  I die cut the shape, stamped it and then cut it out.  Below is a quick tutorial to show you how I did it.


Die cut & stamped the blossom flower using the largest flower.


Cut off one tip.


What you have left is a little piece to make a banner with.


I hope you choose to play along (everyone is welcome to play)! You'll have 3 weeks to enter your card on the link on the Paper Dolls blog. I know that this might be a bit of a challenge, but I can't wait to see what all of your creative minds come up with! And, if you want to copy a banner that you have seen before, feel free to do so, it doesn't have to be your unique idea!

I've also included links to two other cards using this idea to help you get started!

My "Fun With Banners" Card
Amy's Baby Banner Card

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear what you think!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Beautiful Blossoms 2, Framed, Falling Leaves, Simple Valentine, Polka Dot Basics, Simple Alphabet
Paper: Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst, Kraft, Spring Moss
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Champagne VersaMark
Other: Button Twine, HB Buttons, Pop Dots, Border Punch, Beautiful Blossoms Die

17 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Totally cute JENN!!!! Great idea with the banner!!! Colors are great and I love the inking on the leaves!!!!

Lindsay said...

What a great idea Jen! I love your banner! I love your card!

Nancy L. said...

Really cute!! Love the idea of using the flower die :)

Jennifer K said...

Such a clever banner! I never would have guessed you used the flower petal. Fab card!

Dana said...

This is so cute Jen! You know what? I thought those "banners" were little girl underpants! LOL I really did! At first glance I thought it was cute little bloomers hung on a clothesline!

Thanks for the tutorial on how you made them though...very unique!

Christina said...

This is such a cute idea, Jen. I love the non-traditional colors you used for the branch and leaves, too!

Eva said...

Ok girlie...your creativity just ROCKS! This is a GREAT idea...love the colors you used here!

Bonita Rose said...

so so adorable... very challenging challenge!

Lee Anne said...

Great challenge this week! Love you you used the flowers as a banner. Great thinking.

Amy Kolling said...

Jen, this is adorable!!! What a fun challenge and of course I'll play along! Yay! I get to play with banners some more! I would not have thought to use the petals as a banner and I love how you placed the buttons in the sentiment spot!

Thanks for the "shout out" on my banner card!

Keva said...

How cute is that? What a great banner.

Laurie said...

Holy cow this is cute! What a fun idea!! I love it! You are just too creative! I hope I can play along too!

Mariana said...

I love it when goodies are used "out of the box" great card!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely adorable, love how you make that banners, you are so creative! I also love the colors too!

Monica K. said...

What a cool idea! That is so smart! Love it.

Kara said...

this is so cute...at first i thought they were little undies on a clothesline!!

Huguenot Girl said...

Love your banner - so creative Jen! Nx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...