Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Showers

This weekend I received a small PTI order with a stamp set that I have been in love with for a very long time!  It's "Scattered Showers" and it is so much fun! I love how you can mix and match the tops with the handle!  That is just such a smart way to design a stamp set!


I wanted to make a unique card with this set by making the umbrella look as though it was blowing in the wind.  It is hard to make out in the photo, but I stamped swirls from "Fancy Flourishes" in Champagne VersaMark ink to mimic the wind.  I stamped them on both sides of the umbrella (you can see it better in real life). 


I picked up some pom pom trim from an etsy store a few weeks ago and it was the perfect way to finish off the umbrella!  I inked the edge first with some "giverny green" palette ink and then attached the pom pom strip.  I think it adds a fun touch!  You can see the swirls a little in this photo too.  And, I added the pink dots with a glittery pink gel pen...love those pens! :)


I thought that this would be a cute card for someone having a rough time. 

Thank you for stopping by! 

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps:  Scattered Showers, Fancy Flourishes
Paper: New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Rustic White, Hibiscus Burst
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Champagne VersaMark, Tea Dye Duo Inks, Giverny Green & Charcoal Palette
Other:  Pom Pom Trim, Ribbon, Pop Dots, Sakura Glitter Gel Pen

17 comments:

Chris said...

Love the pom poms and pink dots...so springy and pretty!

Amy Kolling said...

Jen...I sooo LOVE the pom poms! That added the cutest touch to the umbrella!! We could do a challenge with this set now that you have it! :)

Barbara said...

OK, you guys are going to MAKE me get this set, LOL! And the flourishes one, too! Such a sweet, sweet card, Jen!

Sue Ann said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those pom poms!!!! great card and great colors.......

Barb said...

Great colors, Jen, and those pom poms are a perfect touch!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Jen! I love pom poms on the umbrella, sweet touch!

Laurie said...

Super cute! The pom poms are perfect! I love the colors you picked too!

jen said...

I just recently got this set too & LOVE it! I love the versamark flourish with it- and those pompoms are totally fun!! Great job!

Dana said...

AHHHH I LOVE this Jen! Oh my gosh, everything about it is so stinkin' cute! The pompom trim, the swirly wind blown idea, the tiny glitter dots...*sigh*

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I SOOOOO love this card. The upside down umbrella is fabulous.

kssdesigns said...

The pom-pom trim is a perfect accent for this!! What a great idea!

Lorraine said...

Oh, the colors you used together - so stunning! Love it!

Christina said...

So, so cute! Love the pom poms and color combo.

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so cute, Jen! LOVE the pom pom trim!

Diane Jaquay said...

WONDERFUL!! Love the trim on the umbrella, and the colors you used!!

Anika said...

That little pom pom strip is adorable! The perfect accent! Love it, Jen!

Katie said...

Oh so cute! I love the 'wind' in the background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...