Monday, April 19, 2010

Simple Joys

Do you remember those days as a child where you would run into the yard full of dandelions, pull them and blow to your heart's content and watch as the little pieces flew through the air?  Me too!  My friend Amy, really likes dandelion images, and I can't blame her as I really like them myself.  Recently when I made a card using PTI's Green Thumb set she asked me why I didn't tell her that there was a dandelion image in that set.  And, to be honest, it hadn't even occurred to me as I had bought the set prior to the dandelion coversations.

I decided tonight to make a quick card to put me in a better mood (yes, one of THOSE days!) and so I pulled out the dandelion image.


This is a gate-fold card so it opens from the middle.


I hope this brings back wonderful childhood memories (or even recent memories you've shared with your kids as they've blown their dandelions into the wind)!  Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Supplies
Stamps:  PTI Green Thumb
Paper: PTI Lavender Moon, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow, TAC Kraft
Ink:  Palette Charcoal, Moonlight White Brilliance, PTI Spring Moss & Tea Dye Duo
Other:  Silver Pearls, EK Success Border Punch

20 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

such a meaningful card.. love it!

Laurie said...

Super cute! I love how you added the brown in the middle to make them true to life! Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great card! Very pretty wand whimsical. Well done Jen!

Jeanne said...

Very clever! Yes, this really brings back memories of when I was a child...my cousin and I would have a race to see how many stems we could collect after blowing the dandelion away. Love the accents! Really like the gate fold, too.

Barb said...

Very pretty, Jen! Love it :)

C Stephens said...

Beautiful card. I like your use of the gate fold. Very nice.

Sherry said...

Just gorgeous!! Those flowers are spectacular!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Such a sweet story and pretty card! I don't have that set. I will have to take another look. Must have missed it!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I love dandelions and I love the feeling this card evokes. So pretty!

Lee Anne said...

I love the colors in this card and the fold! What a wonderful idea!

Katie said...

I need to dust off this set. Where I live the wind tends to beat us to the dandelions, so all we see are the yellow spots! I like the touch of having a different fold.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous gate-fold card, Jen! Love the color combo, too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this Jen, very pretty!!

Mrs. Cunningham said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I have a friend who's been looking for those silver pearls and we can't find them anywhere in Hawaii. Can I ask where you get yours from?

peggysue said...

Very nice! Unique look with that set, great accents too.

Rhonda said...

Love the silver bling in the middles!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Jen I LOVE this dandelion card.....but then you knew I would! This set is definitely on my list now!!

Jackie Pedro said...

So pretty, Jen! Love the gate fold!

Lindsay said...

Love the cards Jennifer! Thank you for your sweet comments on my projects! They always make me smile!

Dana said...

Childhood memories? I STILL run through our dandelions scattering them in my path! LOL I too adore dandelions and your card is lovely Jen. Just perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...